BMR Event Discounts

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

BMR Event Discounts

Post by Rich Rock »

Edited

Rich Rock
BMR Time Trials Chairman
Last edited by Rich Rock on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
dlascoskie
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 666
Current Racecar: 96 Ford Mustang GT

Re: BMR Event Discounts

Post by dlascoskie »

Nice work Rich.............that's an excellent incentive!!

The one day rate is another great idea. Good job to all involved in both decisions!
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

I'd like to take credit for the rollcage thing, but it wasn't my idea. Damn, missed my chance.

Dave Y
Last edited by dspgti on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

I agree. Great idea! This is honestly the best solution to the roll bar vs cage issue. I love it.

Also the 1 day event rate would also make attending more events a great possibility.

Is this for all PHA events or is this just BMR tho?
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

Rich,
My company attorneys have been notified and they feel I have a strong case against you for using my name in vain. They definitely feel that the TVR's will indeed be in my garage very soon. As for the van you can keep that for OBVIOUS reasons. I have been waiting for an opportunity such as this to repay you and the time has come. The three attorney's names are Tom Better, Seymore Run, and Harold Hide from the Law firm of "BETTER RUN & HIDE." I truly hate to do this but you have left me no other options. Well, I take that back. You do have one avenue of escape. If at the Banquet you publicly apologize to me for all your unjust comments about my leaving a few events early, I might just stop the legal proceedings. If not I may be running a new car in Vintage/Historic next year. The choice is yours my friend.
Last edited by Mwilson on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

What if I don't wanna pay a lower rate! Oh, sure. I AM special. But I'm worried about being singled out. 1st of all, I will HAVE to let my wife run this year. She'll be telling me its cheaper now so she can run. Next, people will walk by and look at my car with the cage in it and think we're the low rent crowd because we're paying a lower rate. Maybe they'll even think we were government subsidized!!!! Can you imagine! Next thing cooked up will be lower rates if you register early. Or maybe a 40% discount if you pay the entire year in advance. Then what???!!! Automatic billing? Renewed every year? Right off your credit card and BAMM, you're in. What the.......?

Fine. If you're gonna try this, Morgan has to be the ginnea pig for it. He is 1st all the time so, there ya go Morg. Have at it. Lower rates are us.

I want to know what the deffinition of a full cage is. Make it nice and easy to understand cause I'm kinda slow.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

Steve,
I would love to be the guinea pig but unfortunately the rates do not apply to me because I drive a true race car. :wink:
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Hahahahahaha! That was good, Morgan. The Black Widow had a comment but I can't post, sorry.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Your response was anticipated so BMR has retained the services of Duey, Chetum and Howe! Have your people call our people. 8)
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

By the way, Rich didn't disclose the short course rate. You go to the start line and when you get the green light, just back into your pit space. No times given, but you will get 1 point for participating.
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Now, I can claim my stubborn unwillingness to install a rollcage is because I just want to give more money to the club! Great idea.
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
FV195
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 195
Current Racecar: 1996 Vector GB2 formula vee, red @195
1992 Brazos formula vee, yellow, #70

Post by FV195 »

If they would give Morg a discount for getting to the event early, He would be at Jeffersion Now! well, when he gets his engine back. I hear he lost his voice dew to making motor sounds. to feel like a race car driver, while setting in his car, in the trailer.
Any way I think the deal for caged cars is a good idea. and one day enteries. can only help. but you have to make that decition on Friday, no, asking for some money back if it rains on sunday. or only paying forSunday if rain on Saterday. but for those who really only can make one day it is great. some people have jobs, or family stuff to do on weekends.
Enjoy the banquet every one, My buget keeps me in florida. prepping the car for Seabring, thanksgiving weekend, while most of you are eating leftovers I'll be sleeping in my trailer, and eating track food.
see you'll in the summer.
THOR
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

I'm typically a one day driver...and I do appreciate the discount! It is a good idea and make actually bring some more folks to the table!
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

The roll cage discount is a great idea!! Damn Dave it was right there in front of you and someone stole it!!!! I also think the single day entry idea is good. I think the best way to do it would be to have the entrant declare their one day intent when they pay. No partial refund if you decide to, or cannot run a second day.

If both of these go through it really opens up the chances for me and a few others to make a few more events next season.

Question though. Could someone get the cage discount AND the one day rate? Just something for the membership to think about.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Mr Wilson,

Instead of getting the lawyers involved, maybe we can work something out. How 'bout I weld a high front hoop into your car so you would be eligible for the discount and we change the name of the one-day registration to a simple "Morg". Someone wanting to take advantage of the offer might say " Put me down for a Morg"

Rich Rock
TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Post by TKnorr »

As I understand it, the discount would only apply to 12 point cages.
Tom Knorr
Tom Knorr
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

my Dogs have some sweet cages!! :D
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

TKnorr wrote:As I understand it, the discount would only apply to 12 point cages.
Tom Knorr
12 point!!!!!???? For cryin out loud. Where am I gonna get 6 more points???? Hmm, if I hit a big buck on the way out to the banquet, does that count?
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

It's pro rated. 12 points is a $40 discount. That comes out to $3.3333333 per point. If you only have 6 points, you get a $20 discount.
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

12 points???? Where are the classes that allow 12 points? In American Sedan we need to have 8 points and you cannot add any more attachment points to the chassis.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang