PHA member returns to Sebring 12hr

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

PHA member returns to Sebring 12hr

Post by dspgti »

Once again, Aaron Yeager, BMR member and PHA competitor has been contracted to support Level 5 Motorsports at the 12 Hours of Sebring. Three time SCCA National Champion and the 2011 LMP2 Champion team owner Scott Tucker, has recruited Aaron to temporary assist the team for their two car LMP2 entries for this event.

Aaron's responsibilities are setting up and operating telecommunications and data acquisition on the two new Honda Performance Development cost capped Le Mans Prototypes. The drivers include returning championship drivers from last years team including IndyCar star Ryan Hunter Ray, who co-drove with Tucker in 2011 Sebring win.

Good Luck to Aaron and the team. If nothing else, a week in Florida in March is not hard to take. After that, Aaron will have to return to his regular mundane job as partner at Kam Specialties in Reading.

Pictured below is the 2011 Level 5 winning team. Aaron is in lower right with the beard.

Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: PHA member returns to Sebring 12hr

Post by Matt Rowe »

Awesome, can he talk the team into bringing the car up to Duryea?
~Matt Rowe
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

He'd have a better shot at getting Scott Tucker's Sports Racer that he is running at the Runnoffs this year. :lol:

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

An interview with Christophe Bouchut. That's Arron in the background. They start as 1st in class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWZAwIzc ... Qw&lf=plcp
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

It's such a shame that we aren't connected to NASCAR. I guess it's the only way you get any TV time.

The 60th Anniversary of the 1st FIA endurace race in America that is being held at Sebring is not being covered on any main stream channel.

Maybe that is indicative of the PHA. Very little recognition of any achievments.
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

I sent a text message to Aaron yesterday to see if I could come to Reading to take him out for his Birthday dinner. He calls me back this morning and says, " uhhhh I'm in France ". WHAT? :shock:

Anyway, at least one of our members gets to be involved with the 24 Hours of Le Mans or 24 Heures du Mans as the French say it.

Level 5 link http://level5motorsports.com/
Official event web site http://www.lemans.org/en/
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Very cool that Aaron gets to experience all that!!!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

WELL, he may be a little jaded. I get excited and he just seems to take it as it comes. As I was trying to explain. He didn't think to tell me he was going in the first place. :roll: