2007 Schedule?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

BillStrong
Novice

2007 Schedule?

Post by BillStrong »

We are busy building the RSm V8 MR2 (S3 #72) for the 2007 series, my business planner (wife) needs to know when the schedule will be up for the 2007 season?

If I am too early on this question I am sorry.
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

That is being decided tomorrow at the meeting prior to the banquet.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
brandonl
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 79

Post by brandonl »

Ray Colbert
Novice
Current Racecar: 2013 Subaru WRX

2007 Schedule?

Post by Ray Colbert »

All,

Tonight I had a call from John Felten from the National Road Motorsport group in Cumberland. He has had a request from the state for a firmer date than next year.

Based on the tentative schedule that I have recieved from future VP Rich Rock it looks like August 4-5 weekend is open and 2 weeks separate hills on each side. I have therefore told John to shoot for that weekend for the Flintstone Hillclimb in 2007. Barring any unforseen circumstances or the MD DOT telling us to take a hike (not likely now). This is much closer to a go that it ever has been.

Ray Colbert
YABA DABBA DOO!!! :D
Ray Colbert
57 Spyder
Plum PA
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Awesome news Ray!

Thanks for your hard work.

svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

That date works for me. I've already said how much I've enjoyed the events I've attended up there at the airport in the past. That group WILL make it a super weekend, trust me.
Stan Vann
veehive
Novice
Current Racecar: Citation 99V F/V

I Raise A Goblet To ....

Post by veehive »

A million thanks, Ray. This early in the off-season and I'm making my list of all the tentative events that're important to me in 2007. 04-05 August is pencilled cautiously in for ... The Cumberland Hillclimb. :D

Cheers!
David McKenney
the University of Formula Vee -- fraternitus, frugalitus, velocitus, frivolitus, fugallitus
Ray Colbert
Novice

2007 Schedule ?

Post by Ray Colbert »

Dave,

That's the Flintstone Hillclimb!!!

Yabba Dabba DOO!!!!!
Ray Colbert
57 Spyder
Plum PA
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

SEDIV has Snowshoe listed on Aug. 4-5. That's the former date of the Blue Ridge Hillclimb. We need to get some serious discussion going about Snowshoe.
#7 ITC
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Dates

Post by Rich Sweigart »

Ray,

I am pretty sure we penciled in the Snowshoe event for the Aug 4-5 wkd. with possibly NEPA region doing the event. I would call Tom Knorr about this.

Rich Sweigart
veehive
Novice
Current Racecar: Citation 99V F/V

WIIILLLLL -- MAAAAA!!!!

Post by veehive »

Ray:

I sit corrected. And, let it be so: The Flintstone Hillclimb! You bring the Woo-Woo Gape-Goo ...

Still looking forward to it, whenever it may be.

David McKenney
the University of Formula Vee -- fraternitus, frugalitus, velocitus, frivolitus, fugallitus
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

I would think that if there is a conflict of dates that a Pennsylvania event would get the date on the PHA schedule over an event that is a few states away. Or am I wrong?
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Steve Tumolo wrote:I would think that if there is a conflict of dates that a Pennsylvania event would get the date on the PHA schedule over an event that is a few states away. Or am I wrong?
Niether event is in PA.

Flintstone is in MD and Snow Shoe is in WV.

Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Dates

Post by Rich Sweigart »

Steve,

Since you missed the meeting.

NEPA was contacted by Snowshoe, WV to put on the former NASA event. No details have been discussed. We penciled the event on the Aug 4-5 date.

At the time of the meeting, the PHA had no word from the Flintstone event nor did anyone have any information about the event happening in 07. PHA thought that Ray would shoot for the late Sept. or early Oct. that he had been talking about last year.

That is why I suggested that Ray talk to Tom and work things out about the 2 events and lets leave it at that.

Rich Sweigart
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

2007 schedule

Post by Mwilson »

Maybe before we decide to book the event there should be a poll taken to see how many drivers and workers would be willing to travel that distance. If the numbers are favorable then take it to the next step. I have heard that in the past they were lucky to get 20 cars registered. Remember our help has to travel the same distance we do to work. That means more gas money for them. I'm just looking at the whole picture. If we can't get enough drivers and workers to support the event what's the sence in having it. Just my thoughts.
Ray Colbert
Novice

2007 Schedule ?

Post by Ray Colbert »

All,

Tom and I discusssed it today and he said Aug 4-5 was on a first come first served basis. But if the Snowshoe Mountain people wanted the date things can be worked out. I realize that they have a really tight schedule in the summer there having talked to them several times and running the hill all three times (great place for a hill). I do not want to see the Snowshoe event go away.

Both events should not require much in the way of workers as local volunteers will be obtained by supporting organizations for working the hill. However members are still required to work in hot zones and critical areas like tech and registration.

Ray Colbert
:)
Ray Colbert
57 Spyder
Plum PA
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

I agree with Ray. Both events deserve to be supported. Snowshoe is a great venue. A place you would enjoy visiting, even without a hillclimb and the Cumberland group are the most enthusiastic sports car folks, I've ever met. Both events will be great additions to the schedule.
Stan Vann
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

2007 schedule

Post by Mwilson »

Stan,
They might be great additions to the schedule but if you don't get the support from the drivers and workers it really doesn't matter. All you need to do is look at Rose Valley that was very close to shutting down because many of the drivers felt it was too far away. 3 hrs. Now your looking at events depending where you live that might be 5 or 6. Add in the extra expense's and gas and you might have a problem. I would like to see both events on the schedule but I would like to know going into them that the majority of the drivers and workers are willing to support them. I remember all to often getting started late because the officials were running around trying to find enough workers to even have an event. Although I didn't make it to VIR I was told that workers were also a problem down there. And that they had to beg to get people to work. I just hope all these things are considered before we jump into the fire.
By the way Stan, they have made some positive improvments to Hershey this year I have been told. Alot of new road surfaces and some more increases in the width. Unfortunately our tree and in my case trees are still at the same place. Hope to see you there.
Morgan
BillStrong
Novice

Post by BillStrong »

I am all for it! My daughter lives up there and West Virginia is close for me. Count me in!
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Ahh, my bad. I was thinking Flintstone was in PA. :oops: Morg does have a real good point about having some kind of poll. The only problem with a poll on here though is that only a small fraction of the drivers, workers come to this site. So a true number of the people interested might not be possable.
I also agree that however great Snowshoe may be it is a REAL far drive for those of us who call PA home. I would not expect too many drivers would make the treck down there.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang