VIR results

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

VIR results

Post by svann »

Results from the VIR TTs are up at http://www.ncrscca.com/drivers.htm
Stan Vann
Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

VIR results

Post by Dogpatch »

Hey Stan,

Man you missed a great event. Do they keep a list of event records for the South course anywhere. Its nice to know what you are shooting for.

Kurt
Prince PR01 DSR #08
Dave Cutchins
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 94
Current Racecar: Formula B (F-1000)

Post by Dave Cutchins »

Hey Kurt,

Go to

http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/

Click on Southeast Time Trial Points, then go to the bottom of the page, there you will find old results back to 1996.
Dave Cutchins
FB #94
Dogpatch
Novice

VIR Results

Post by Dogpatch »

Dave

Thanks for the information but there does not seem to be any class records for VIR south course anywhere on that site. I find it really really strange that lap records for VIR south course don't seem to exist and not readily available. Every event I've ever been to publishes lap records. It is like the point of the event in the first place.

Kurt
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Well there you go. If you have results from 96 on that track for the same event (classes/times/etc) you can tally up a records sheet just like we do. Any takers?? Maybe the southern boys could make it published on there website and refer to it for next year???? :wink: :roll:

I agree it would be something to have available for competition purposes for drivers that have no competitors in there class.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Dogpatch
Novice

VIR results

Post by Dogpatch »

Tim

Not all the results show times... and supposedly this event started in the early 70's so where are those results? Am I missing something here?

Kurt
svann
Novice

Post by svann »

Kurt,
I agree that the records are what it's all about in Time Trials and Hillclimbs. I had to compile the records for the Blueridge Hillclimb last year, before they disappeared. As far as the South Course at VIR, there should be someone to go back through the results since 2000.That is the year VIR reopened and the South Course was added. There are other groups who run Time Trials on that course but SCCA records are the only ones we need to be concerned with. Having the records allows one to basicly compete against everyone who ever ran the hill or course, even if you are the only one competeing that weekend. You don't know how much I miss running that event. Especially since I'm less than 3 hours from VIR. I've run the full track a few times when I was vintage racing but never the South Course. I'm glad you all seem to have enjoyed your visit.
Stan Vann
Dogpatch
Novice

VIR results

Post by Dogpatch »

Tim

Looks like you are right. The event was run 2000, skipped 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, skipped 2005, and finally 2006 on the South Course. It will be easy to compile because not a lot of people have run this event. For the five events an average of 41 cars participated. A lot of people have missed a great opportunity to run a great track in the last 7 years.

Kurt

VIR South Course DSR Class Record 75.082 secs. Gee that sounds good... if 2000 was the first year for sure.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Regards,

Tim Royer
Dogpatch
Novice

VIR results

Post by Dogpatch »

Tim

You missed 2000. Here it is.

http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/tim ... 00-vir.htm

Kurt
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

I've put together a spreadsheet listing class records for SCCA events on the South Course. Somebody let me know where to send it to have it posted.
#7 ITC
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

VIR Results

Post by Joe Foering »

Send it to Matt Rowe; he is the "webmaster"? for the PHA website.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

http://www.savefile.com/index.php

This service can be used for uploading files up to 60MB each. After uploading you will be given a link, that others can use to download your file. Our filesize limit is 60MB and each file can be downloaded unlimited times.Savefile is completly free to use.

No Registration Needed
- You don't have to register to use our Free File Hosting, but it will give you more features.

File Size
- 60MB for both members and non-members.

Diskspace
- Both members and non-members have unlimited diskspace.

Bandwidth
- Both members and non-members have unlimited bandwidth.

Own Website Integration
- Savefile offers you some tools to integrate our File Hosting system into your own website. This can be used to make your users believe the files are actualy hosted at your own server (coming soon).

File Grouping
- PPossibility to create "Projects/Groups" where files can be placed (membes only).

Password protection
- As a member you can password protect a project, so users need to type a password before they can access your file.

Subscription
- Visitors can subscribe to a project. This way they will be informed when the Webmaster uploadss a new file to the project or updates an existing one.

Statistics
- All members have access to detailed statistics about projects and files.

What filetypes are allowed?
- Everything except bat, pl, cgi, js, exe and php files.

http://www.savefile.com/index.php
Regards,

Tim Royer
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Or send it to info@ncrscca.com to have it posted to the North Carolina region website (where they already have VIR course records posted for the "Grand" course). That's the address listed for the NCR site's webmaster.

Grace
svann
Novice

Post by svann »

Also please forward a copy to Steve Tompkins at tompkins@vol.com He is the Southeastern Time Trials guy. Thanks for taking the time to compile this.
Stan Vann
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

I sent a copy to Steve. I'll send one to the NC region as well.
#7 ITC
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hi,

Send me one so I can post it also please. Thank you for taking the time to do that.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

The file is on the way, Tim.
#7 ITC
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Got it thanks!
Regards,

Tim Royer
Dogpatch
Novice

VIR results

Post by Dogpatch »

Yeah... so when is somebody actually going to post the records some where?

Kurt