Current Point Standings!

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Current Point Standings!

Post by Matt Rowe »

I updated the point standings based on the Rich's update. Check them out here
~Matt Rowe
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

In ESP class Bill Feist raced Spring Weatherly, Pagoda, and Giants'. Points only show Pagoda, and Giants’.

At Spring Weatherly in ESP Avent Beck, and Nathan Beck disqualified themselves because they were running in the wrong class. They have conceded there runs and have since run in SM class. ESP record should be changed back because is wasn’t broken.
Regards,

Tim Royer
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Thanks for updating Matt!
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Tim Royer wrote:HI,

In ESP class Bill Feist raced Spring Weatherly, Pagoda, and Giants'. Points only show Pagoda, and Giants’.

At Spring Weatherly in ESP Avent Beck, and Nathan Beck disqualified themselves because they were running in the wrong class. They have conceded there runs and have since run in SM class. ESP record should be changed back because is wasn’t broken.
Tim,

Nelson and I discussed the situation with Nathan and Avent and the records will be corrected, in fact I believe they already have been. But, events results are finalized once the protest period expires at the end of day so it is not possible for them to disqualify themselves or to change the results. Now in theory the PHA points system falls outside of the scope of the SCCA rules so our pointskeeper can make his own decision but the official results are final. That is just one of the reasons it is so important to police classing at the events and make sure everyone is where they should be.
~Matt Rowe
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Post by Rich Sweigart »

Tim,

I have changed Bill's total for Weatherly on my master list. Thank you for pointing that out, I can change things like that.

For everyone else, I have received about 3 or 4 emails about drivers and cars listed in wrong classes. It is YOUR JOB to make sure that you are in the proper class and the that your class listed next to your times matches the class that you are running in. I go by final results, it is not fair to the other drivers to move drivers from one class to another class and assign points; especially, 2 months after the event.
Rich
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Thank you Matt, Rich, and Nelson for the changes.

Matt I agree with you there needs to be someone enforcing classifacation of cars. I also think we need to modify a couple classes that are Solo2 classes so it's more competitive for all.
Regards,

Tim Royer
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

We started talking last year about consolidating and reducing the number of classes. It didn't go very far. Let's get back to it over the winter break.
Remember, SCCA insures that everyone has a class to run in and a place to race. We don't gaurantee everyone will be competitive. That's from the GCR.

Dave Y.
MikeF
Novice

Post by MikeF »

I would like to see more class clarity at hills myself. Especially since some cars seem to be able to switch between "AutoX" classes and "road-race" classes.

Though I am new to hillclimbing and tend to find a lot of things confusing at times. :P
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Join the crowd :wink:
Regards,

Tim Royer