Duryeah

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

DAve
Novice

Duryeah

Post by DAve »

:D :twisted: :shock: I gues I am the first one to post about this weekends event. First I must say you guys are nuts. It was my first hillclimb and it was great. Thnks to skip for fixing my tire and the guy who gave me some hardware for my car. I had a great time. Now all I need to get are a big set of big brass nuts to drive as fast as the guys inthe front of my class. Thanks again to everyone.
#28ITA/DSP Neon Sponsors- Scarlet Stiches Rennaissance& Gothic Wear,Bucks County Vo-Tech Collision Repair,KB Letterin&Northeast Drafting
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

A fine event! Three runs on Saturday and four on Sunday. Very impressive! Thanks to everyone involved in making it happen!!

Rich Rock
Rick Kase
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Rick Kase »

Found at Duryea at turn two pitt area.

One folding chair and stool, if yours contact Rick Kase and identify.
mckee

Post by mckee »

I cannot remember having more fun at a hill climb. The weather was a pleasant surprise.
Many thanks to Nelson Kase for organizing and running such a great event. I cannot believe getting 7 runs on a 2.3 mile course along with 105 other entries.
Special thanks to the Safety Steward Jim Ozwald for getting my car ready in time for the first run and being there after the last run to tow me back to the pits. Talk about cradle to grave service!

Bob D'Amore H3 1571
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Nelson »

It's not just me doing the organizing and running of the event.
John Tumolo is the course marshall and designs the trophies and dash plaques and arranges portable toilets and other things.
Jim Oswald coordinates ambulance and tow trucks along with being safety steward.
Gus Dorman gets all of the trash cans set out and then picked up after the event.
Jim Orrs, Joe Foering, Ted Klaus and Andy Clauss doing tech.
Rick Kase coordinates every thing else along with making sure that the communications equipment and the comm line laid out along the entire course is in one piece.

Along with Matt Rowe (Chief Steward), Jen DeHart (Asst Safety), Matt Green (RE and Asst Safety) and all of the corner workers (which we always need more of) and the people who help with the set-up the Saturday and Friday before the event, the event always seems to come together.

Without any of these people and many more that I probably forgot to mention this and any other event just would not happen.
mckee

Post by mckee »

Nelson,
I did not mean to leave out all the others who worked so hard along with you, but you and Jim are the only ones I know. My thanks to your entire staff -- John, Jim, Gus, Joe, Jim, Ted, and Andy, and of course brother Rick. Most of those guys go out of their way to make me feel welcome, more like a guest than an entrant.

Thanks again,
Bob D