"THE DURYEA AFTER PARTY"

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

"THE DURYEA AFTER PARTY"

Post by dspgti »

It's official!

The "After Party" (or the alternate party as some like to think), IS ON!
Bill Sheilds of Carrige Craft, and Dave Yeager of EL& M Auto Recycling are inviting everyone (who has any interset) in having a good time at a party on the property of Bill Sheilds in Yellow House, PA.

For all who attend, or have any interest in the Duryea Hillclimb, freinds, family, workers, and sponsers are invited. You are welcome to participate in an unusual evening with your fellow auto entusiastes. On Saturday, of the Duryea Hillclimb weekend, we will be hosting a party open to anyone wishing to join us. In addition to food and drink we will have a make shift Ralley Cross for everyone to participate. Two cars will provided for anyone to drive in an autocross course laid out in a grass field. One car is an Audi Coupe with front wheel drive and the other is an MGB with rear wheel drive. Take you're best shot at proving which is better, who is the better driver or just have fun.

If you would like to attend, please send me a reply on this forum or stop by in the pits to let Bill or I know and get directions. We will have a collection bucket out if you would like to contribute $5.00 a head to help with expenses. That's you're option. You can come out after the official Hillclimb party or sometime after the end of Saturdays runs. Just ask us for details.

If you can't get your fill of fun in this weekend, you'd better get a new hobby.

Dave Yeager
# 53 GT3 1984 VW Rabbit GTI Black / Silver
Dave Yeager, EL&M Auto Recycling, S. Jersey
H/P Rabbit GTI, National Club Racing
ITC Scirocco, Regional CR, Time Trials
MKIII Golf, LeMons/Chump car
V1 TR4, Vintage/ Historic
Formula SAE, SOLO II
V1 Sprite
500 Late Model Parts Cars
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Count me in

Post by PitCrewLinda »

Sounds like fun, and who knows...maybe a photographer's assistant might just kick butt of some of those experienced drivers!!! :shock: :lol:

So, count me in...Thanks!
Linda Young

and, also.... John Pitman FV#95

P.S. I (Linda) won't be arriving until late afternoon on Saturday, so I need directions to finding the place.... (please)
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
FV195
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 195
Current Racecar: 1996 Vector GB2 formula vee, red @195
1992 Brazos formula vee, yellow, #70

Post by FV195 »

well, if linda is going, count me in also
THOR FV195
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Linda,

If you think you will get to the hill before we leave, we will have printed directions to hand out. If not, I'll email you the directions as soon as we have them made up.
By the way, my wife had one of the fastest times last year and she never drove in competition before. A lot depends on the level of alcohol consumption before driving.

Dave Y.
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

I forgot to mention.

THERE WILL BE NO TOURING RUNS ALLOWED, INCLUDING NOVICES!!! :wink:

Actually, if you would like to drive just for fun and you don't want to have a time taken, just ask the one with the stop watch to skip it. Is that simple enough? :P

Dave Y.
Steve@USRT
Novice

Post by Steve@USRT »

8)
MikeF
Novice

Post by MikeF »

Definitely interested. Let me know if you need a hand as I am local to Yellow House.
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

:D :D :D

Sounds like a blast!
Count me in!

Thanks Bill & Dave.
Barry Griffith
Novice

Post by Barry Griffith »

HI ALL. it's Darryl.
Anyone who does not know Bill or have never been to his place, should definitely go see his "stuff". In my opinion it's worth an admission fee to get in his barn!!!! There is a lot to look at, and is VERY entertaining. This is a class "A" party done by class "A" people. If you do not have a good time there you better check your pulse!
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

The food isn't as good as the Boathouse Parties so we have to make up for it in entertainment. How many of your group do you think will come? Gonna drive this year Darryl :?:

Dave Y.
Barry Griffith
Novice

Post by Barry Griffith »

Hi all it's Darryl.
I wish I could be there but we have a family function. I would go just for the party if I could have. This should be a must for anyone who enjoys cars, old stuff, and good entertainment. It is a TREAT!
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

We had a great time last year, and you can definitely count Keith and me in again!

Grace
DAve
Novice

Post by DAve »

I think I will be there. this will be my first hillclimb. Maybe i should leave the camera home so that there will be no evidence? :twisted:
#28ITA/DSP Neon Sponsors- Scarlet Stiches Rennaissance& Gothic Wear,Bucks County Vo-Tech Collision Repair,KB Letterin&Northeast Drafting
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Bring the camera, we may need some proof. :wink:

Dave Y.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Super party!! Great dirt track racing in the Audi and MG!! It was nice to race something somewhere this weekend.

Thanks again Dave Yeager and Bill Shields!!!!
Regards,

Tim Royer
MikeF
Novice

Post by MikeF »

Yeah, that was a pretty wild time. I'm not sure if I had more fun at the hillclimb or the party. That old MG was a real handful. :P

Very much appreciation for Dave and Bill for putting it on.