Rose Valley - super impressed

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

JekylandHyde
Novice

Rose Valley - super impressed

Post by JekylandHyde »

What superb show! It was wonderful how each group was able to line up and while the other group was coming off the hill. It made the turn around time so much quicker and we got so many runs in.

It was truly a pleasure to race up there this weekend and I am glad I made the trek. My friend Scott had a blast and I suspect we will see him up at Weatherly in the fall.

Thanks to everyone involved with putting on such a great event!
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

Ditto!
#7 ITC
brandonl
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 79

Post by brandonl »

Agreed 100%, this was my first hill climb and I had a blast. Very well run, safe and fun. Thanks again to all the workers, organizers, fellow racers and spectators. :D

Brandon
dlascoskie
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 666
Current Racecar: 96 Ford Mustang GT

Post by dlascoskie »

I went over to my brother Mike's house last night after he returned from his first Rose Valley event, and I don't think I've ever seen him so happy. He was very impressed with the course, the organization of the event and the great feeling of comraderie among the drivers, workers and fans. He also wanted me to extend a special thanks to the Matt Rowe and Matt Green for doing a great job and having such great attitudes toward the sport and the direction it's heading. I'd like to echo those sentiments as well, It's good to see that the future is in good hands.
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

Well, thank you very much for the recognition, but I will definitely say that my enthusiasm is simply a function of the people who did (and still do) the hard work when I was out behind the wheel.

Warning- shameless plug for help needed-
If we all want these events to keep running smooth, we need more people to come out and fill in the gaps. We now have new people involved as officials and workers, but we need more. If we can get enough help, then people don't have to give up as much to help. In fact, just coming to things like the setup the Saturday before Duryea means that you can help at a time when it doesn't interfere at all with driving at the event... Also, one of the ways I got involved was that when I couldn't afford to run an event, or if my car broke, I showed up and worked it instead...

Pagoda was the perfect example of many hands making light work. The extra 10-15 people that pitched in a half hour saved the skeleton crew probably 2 hours of work and a LOT of frustration.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but hey, you all know I like to talk a little when I get the chance... No, really I do... :)
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Matt Green wrote:Well, thank you very much for the recognition, but I will definitely say that my enthusiasm is simply a function of the people who did (and still do) the hard work when I was out behind the wheel.

Warning- shameless plug for help needed-
If we all want these events to keep running smooth, we need more people to come out and fill in the gaps. We now have new people involved as officials and workers, but we need more.
We could also use some financial help for RV. My former employer turned up their nose at it, perhaps can we get some corporate help .
Maybe a state grant? I dunno...
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn