tire mounting

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

gdh57
Site Admin

tire mounting

Post by gdh57 »

Does anyone know of a shop that can mount 13x9 cantilevered slicks in S Jersey / Philly area? I have been taking my tires to CSE in Oreland. They do a great job, but that's a bit far away for just tire mounting and is a nasty drive to boot in rush hour when I'd go (i.e., before or after work).

Thanks,

Grace
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Good luck Grace! We've been thrown out of every tire place within 25 miles of Mays Landing. Everybody hates Revolutions. Bless Joe Specht & CJ's Tires - they're doing another set for us on Friday.
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Sue might have answered your question, if not:

Find a shop (high end tire dealer) that has a Corghi Artiglio Master. One place might be a BMW dealer, I think it's mandated equipment by BMW/NA.
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

TIRE MOUNT

Post by dspgti »

Grace,

I use Cresent Tire in Hammonton. 690-561-1155. Tell them Dave from EL&M sent you.
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Thanks everyone! Good to know about Crescent Tires, especially since they have Sat hours.

But I ended up running out of time and took them to CSE again (Hammonton is just as far from work).

I guess it's good for me to go up the Blue Rt / PA Tpk in rush hour from time to time. It reminds me to never again take a contract out that way :)

Grace
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

I'd rather have root canal than drive that way. Of coarse the 42 Freeway South is just as bad in the rush hour.

Dave