Giants Despair Pictures

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

tupdegrove
Novice

Giants Despair Pictures

Post by tupdegrove »

Posted a lot of pictures (250+) at http://www.enter.net/~tdu/Places/Hillclimb. If anyone is interested in purchasing any pictures, send me an email at tdu@enter.net and I'll send you details.

A big congratulations goes to all the organizers for this 100th anniversary. You folks pulled out all the stops and put on a fantastic, very well organized race. Thank-you! The announcer was interesting with his knowledge and it was great to have a feed all the way up at Devil's Elbow. It was neat to hear so and so was from New Hampshire, so and so was from Virginia, last run she had a time of xx.xxx, etc. There were a lot of "non-regular" cars there but even many of the "regulars" seemed to have new cars (or at least new paint schemes). I only recogized a few cars from last season. (I missed spring Weatherly due to a neice's party and missed Pagoda due to my one son gratuating from high-school. Wow, already?!)

Did I say the hill record was broken by a whopping three seconds on Sat.?

Viewing details (you probably already know this). Clicking on an event will display all the small thumbnails. Clicking on any thumbnail will display a larger image. Once viewing the larger image, you can change pictures by (1) clicking on the picture, (2) clicking the left or right arrows at the top of the screen, or (3) by pressing the keyboard left and right arrow keys. Some pictures have comments at the bottom of the picture. For a larger image on the screen, change the screen resolution by right-clicking on the desktop, choosing Properties, Settings tab, and reducing the Screen Resolution (say 800x600 or 640x480).

Tim Updegrove
Joe B.
Novice

Post by Joe B. »

Great pics as usual Tim. Good Job!.
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Awesome photos Tim ... I'm going through them now.

Danko broke the record by 3 tenths, not 3 seconds.
He dropped the 39.9 downto a 39.6 and on Sunday he shattered it to an amazing 39.000.

I have an amazing video of him getting the news from a 'unique' perspective. I'll upload it within the next day or so.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
tupdegrove
Novice

Post by tupdegrove »

Jeff,

Thank-you for the correction of 3/10, not 3 seconds. Big difference! I heard wrong over the PA at the elbow.

You were probably one of the only drivers that I missed getting a picture of but I did see you drive by twice. Hope you had some good runs and an enjoyable weekend.

Tim