Steel Cities TT @ Beaverrun Aug 5-6

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

jimmyp
Novice

Steel Cities TT @ Beaverrun Aug 5-6

Post by jimmyp »

Anyone else from NEPA / BMR thinking about attending?
Looking like I can go.
I'd sure like to go.

If they still have openings, and are going to use transponders, I'm going for sure (otherwise I'll probably instruct with BMW CCA at Summit Point).

I know one of their guys posted about it on here a while back, but I have not seen him back.
If your out there what is the reg. procedure and if they are going to Time Trial with transponders?

Cheers
jimmy p.
Jimmy P.
#98 Silver BMW M3 - ITE
jimmyp
Novice

Post by jimmyp »

Well an update, I visited the Steel Cities website,,, and the TT is not on either theor Club Racing Calendar or the SOLO calendar, but its on their master calendar with no contact or reg info.

I am wondering if its been scrubbed and they forgot to take it off the master calendar, or if they still dont have the reg info avialble yet.

Anyone know anyone with Steel Cities?

Cheers
jimmy p.
Jimmy P.
#98 Silver BMW M3 - ITE
jgrausa
Novice

Beaver Run TT w/ Steel Cities

Post by jgrausa »

Here's what I recveived from Ray Colbert (he is organizing the event) last week. I am considering attending.

Joe,

It is 8/5 and 8/6. As of now there will be no online registration. I am the registrar. I have not posted the Sups yet. I have to call SCCA tommorrow and get the Sanction Number. Yes you can camp at the track. I think it is $5.00/night. The event runs in conjunction with a Vintage Nascar and Muscle car event that weekend. The event is held on the main track (only other is the GoCart circuit). Fee is $125 if you do not have a transponder, $105 w a transponder.

We are on track at 8:30 AM Sat and 9AM Sunday We have 2.5 hrs running on Sat and 3hrs on Sunday. We will run 5 cars concurently w no passing Sat and point by pass on Sunday. We will only count Sundays times toward trophys. Sat is a familiarization/ qualifying day (for run order on Sunday).

Any mosre questions call me at (412) 798-9783

Thanks and See you there

Ray Colbert
jimmyp
Novice

Post by jimmyp »

Thanks for posting that Joe.
I sent a similar requesto to Ray and quickly received a similar answer.

Sounds like it might be a cool event.
Anyone else interested in going?

Cheers
jimmy p.
Jimmy P.
#98 Silver BMW M3 - ITE