Spring Jefferson- Thanks to all

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Spring Jefferson- Thanks to all

Post by Matt Green »

Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks. This weekend was proof that the right ideas, coupled with a few people who are willing to do a few things to make them happen, are the future of what we do.

My job working pit out was made much easier by people who took the time to organize a system for grouping drivers by times. This idea has been tossed around and rehashed for several years now. Finally though, a few people jumped up and got everyone into it, and it really helped. The few catch-ups we had on Sunday can pretty much be traced back to either an underestimation on my part or to me trying too hard to stuff more cars out. Only once or twice on Sunday did speed potential differences really become an issue, but the important thing was that even when we did have catch-ups, I was able to recover quickly because I wasn't constantly having to make really big or small gaps to compensate.

It was really nice to be able to talk to people and relax while working what has been a very stressful job. Thanks to all who took the time to make it easier. I think we all benefitted from it.
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

That was thanks to Garth and Tom Knorr. I think it worked pretty good and made sending cars out much easier for Matt Green working Pit Out all weekend. My endless thanks to all workers!! Matt Green working Pit Out made my weekend much nicer and was able to keep the schedule going. I needed that time to make sure all officals and workers had everything they needed to make there job more confortable to do.

Give a big thanks to all the corner workers!!!

Big thanks to officals!

Matt Green (Pit Out) many thanks!
Matt Rowe (Chief Steward, Control Sunday)
Rick Kase (Safety Steward)
Nelson Kase (Setting up, Timing, and Saturday Control)
Jen DeHart (Safety Steward Assistant)
J.W. Orrs (Tech)
Joe Foering (Tech)

Tom Knorr (Doing the color coding for groups, and helping at registration)
Garth Knorr (Doing the color coding for groups)

Joe Hoover (running for beverages all weekend)

BIG THANK YOU!

Thanks drivers for attending and I hope it was a good event for all!
Regards,

Tim Royer
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

Thanks to all of you for making a long tow worth it every time. I look forward to my visits with all my old PHA friends every year and I try to bring new folks with me when I can. Thanks for always making us feel so welcome with your "northern hospitality".
Stan Vann
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Thanks to all the workers listed above by Tim. Thanks to the Danko family and friends for their hospitality (and help loading up!) and also the Rohrbach family for the great trophies.

It was a great event, and hope to see you all later this year! :D

Brian
dlascoskie
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 666
Current Racecar: 96 Ford Mustang GT

Post by dlascoskie »

Great job to everyone involved this weekend:

The Officials for setting up everything.
The Workers for making it possible for us to have a blast all weekend.
The Drivers for making it a fun weekend, with lots of great stories, and some very innovative pit-out strategies that made Sunday go smooth as silk!
The Caterers for a great spread!!!
And a Special Thanks to Matt Rowe and Tim Royer for your understanding this weekend. It is appreciated. :wink:
The weather was great and the racing was excellent.......Thanks again to everyone!
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

Phaedra
Novice

Post by Phaedra »

Thanks to everyone for the Jefferson event! This event wouldn't have been the same without all of the workers and organizers. It was my first time down at Summit Point and my first time really doing something with the PHA in a few years.

It was so wonderful to see all the people dedicated to the PHA that make each and every one of these events so much fun. Can't wait to see all of you at Weatherly!
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Well, I would like to say thanks to all the workers, aside from the core group of officials I think we had more corner workers this year than we have had in awhile.

Also, I'd like to say thanks to all the driver's who enjoyed themselves. It really makes all the effort worthwhile to see you having fun and getting as many runs in as we can.
~Matt Rowe
///Mracer
Novice

Post by ///Mracer »

thanks for putting on a great event everyone. I was worried that the Jefferson would not be as fun as the main track but last weekend proved me wrong. Boy is that carousel tricky to fiqure out :shock:
Matt - '95 M3 (now in ITE trim!)

Jefferson Spr. C.W. - 57.5 (SM Record 06)
Pagoda - 60.9 (BSP Record 05)
Duryea - 123.6 (ITE '06)