Window Net Instalation Question

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

mooneys
Novice

Window Net Instalation Question

Post by mooneys »

According to the TTR section 18 I don't need a complete roll cage. I plan to install one after this season, but won't have one for this season or at least not for the first few events. (anyone know someone who can add a front cage quick to my car that isn't already to busy this time of year?)

My question is in section 17.30 it states "Nets shall be attached to the roll cage; plastic buckles and elastic cords are not permitted."

If I don't have a cage bar running along the side of the roofline forward, where can I attach my net/bracket and still be in compliance with this rule? I can attach it to the a roof support that runs along the side, but is that going to fly with Tech?

Thanks in advance,

Herb Mooney
1966 Renault R8
The French Invasion Posse
Herb Mooney and the Misfit Projects Museum
66 Renault R8, 58 Renault 4CV, 87 Renault R11, 73 VW Superbeetle, 59 Ford Anglia 105E, 73 Datsun 240z, 69 NSU TTS
Dillsburg, PA
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

window net installation

Post by Joe Foering »

have you considered arm restraints? I like them.
jmullins
Novice

Post by jmullins »

The sun is out.
Why are you worrying about a window net.
Shouldnt you be painting?????? :oops:
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Like Joe said, arm restraints are your answer. They have many advantages vision, vision, and vision. Plus they do a much better job controling your hands which is the whole idea.
Regards,

Tim Royer
mooneys
Novice

Post by mooneys »

That may have to be the plan, I guess I was just making a bigger deal out of it then I had to.
Herb Mooney and the Misfit Projects Museum
66 Renault R8, 58 Renault 4CV, 87 Renault R11, 73 VW Superbeetle, 59 Ford Anglia 105E, 73 Datsun 240z, 69 NSU TTS
Dillsburg, PA