HERSHEY VINTAGE HILLCLIMB AND MOTORSHOW

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

HERSHEY VINTAGE HILLCLIMB AND MOTORSHOW

Post by eimc »

The date for Hershey is May 6 & 7 2006. The road is in excellent shape and tech will be on boathouse road. Park your transporters trailers etc. in the paddock unload and get teched at boathouse road. By the way boathouse road will be closed off all weekend for the hillclimb. Hope to see you all there . Thanks Paul ( P.S. Boathouse road is the road you line up on to the start line.)
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
EIMC 914
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 59

Geely

Post by EIMC 914 »

What is a Geely. Is that some kind of Porsche?
eimc
Novice

Post by eimc »

A Geely is a limited production 49.5 cc motor scooter designed years ago by a young Porsche engineer . He was inspired by the untimely death of James Dean in a porsche spyder. Only six were produced and discovered in a private storage garage in Germany. They were bought by a weathly collector in China. They were auctioned off years later at his estate sale. Two were shipped back to america by a friend of mine whom I purchased them from. Cheers Paul :lol: :wink:
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
FV195
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 195
Current Racecar: 1996 Vector GB2 formula vee, red @195
1992 Brazos formula vee, yellow, #70

Post by FV195 »

walked the hill today in better shape than last year!!!
see you all this weekend!
thor
eimc
Novice

Hershey

Post by eimc »

I went by hershey tonight and I think i saw Morg Wilson and his V camped there already. See Ya Paul PS Someone said he he took his fanshroud off his engine and now has an extra 4 to 6 hp.
1987 Porsche 944
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

That sounds like Morgan! He has a wing on that bathtub, did you see it?
Regards,

Tim Royer
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Hershey Vintage Hillclimb

Post by Mwilson »

I would have expected a smart comment from "Tiny" Tim, but not from you Paul. You can guess why they call him "TINY" Tim. But I have decided to turn over a new leaf and forgive you both for your harsh comments about my car. I hold no hard feelings what-so-ever. I plan to be very positive toward my fellow driving companions even D.D. this year. I think both of you have great looking cars and have nothing bad to say about either one. My feelings are a bit hurt but I will recover from the pain. I will continue to drive the "BATHTUB" with the wing and hope some day I can be half as good as you both. And if either one of you want to take a bath at any of the events you are still welcome to use the "BEACH". Your friend Morg
EIMC 914
Novice

Post by EIMC 914 »

Rumor has it that Morg hired a Harvard engineering student to calculate and do a flow chart on the thrust to weight ratio of the newly rebilt winged bathtub. He then realized that by losing a few lbs. that he could add an additional 5-25 bhp. With thoughts of multiple new hill records in his head he was presented with the question of what to do. Most of us would start lighter weight parts for the car. Morg has gone 1 step further and has hired a personal trainer. After a rigorous training program and much blood sweat and beers I mean tears a new Morg has evolved.A few people close to the source say the new sleek and svelt Morg is unrecognizable to even his closest friends. The 2006 hillclimb series is just beginning and this is shaping up to be a classic. lots of fun and laughs.
Stay tuned.
EIMC 914
Novice

Post by EIMC 914 »

Rumor has it that Morg hired a Harvard engineering student to calculate and do a flow chart on the thrust to weight ratio of the newly rebilt winged bathtub. He then realized that by losing a few lbs. that he could add an additional 5-25 bhp. With thoughts of multiple new hill records in his head he was presented with the question of what to do. Most of us would start lighter weight parts for the car. Morg has gone 1 step further and has hired a personal trainer. After a rigorous training program and much blood sweat and beers I mean tears a new Morg has evolved.A few people close to the source say the new sleek and svelt Morg is unrecognizable to even his closest friends. The 2006 hillclimb series is just beginning and this is shaping up to be a classic. lots of fun and laughs.
Stay tuned.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

LOL Morg you kill me man! What a sob story that was! I was almost cryin......... Your lucky, you have something to drive. I'm still waiting for a motor for the Stang. Can't wait to see you and your new fangled chitty chitty bang bang......yeah that thing had wings too

ImageImage

With Love,
Regards,

Tim Royer