Need everyone's vote!

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

What do you want for Spring Jefferson?

Counter-Clockwise like Fall event all weekend.
8%
Clockwise all weekend.
76%
Either direction.
16%

Total votes: 25

Tim Royer
Novice

Need everyone's vote!

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Any comments or questions about the event can be posted here.
Regards,

Tim Royer
dlascoskie
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 666
Current Racecar: 96 Ford Mustang GT

Post by dlascoskie »

Though I've never run it, I voted counter-clockwise because when I was a spectator 2 years ago I noticed a nasty dip at the end of the front straight, if you are running clockwise, that unsettled a lot of cars while they were under heavy braking. Unless they fixed it, I'd rather not have to deal with that dip.
Last edited by dlascoskie on Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan
dlascoskie@msn.com

2007 ESP Class Champion

Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

need everyone's vote

Post by Joe Foering »

We have to run counterclockwise (viewed from the pits) in the Fall because of the races on the adjoining circuit, so we should run clockwise in the Spring. It makes for some variety and a nice balance between the events.
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

I like running clockwise because I spin into sight of the pits running clockwise. I spin out of sight of the pits running counter-clockwise. Makes for more excitement for the spectators.
#7 ITC
RX-Midget
Novice

Variety

Post by RX-Midget »

I like changing the direction for Spring and Fall. I only run a limited number of events and the variety is nice event though it is the same track.

Clockwise for Spring.
jimmyp
Novice

Re: need everyone's vote

Post by jimmyp »

Ditto
Change it up Spring / Fall
Cheers
jimmy p.
Joe Foering wrote:We have to run counterclockwise (viewed from the pits) in the Fall because of the races on the adjoining circuit, so we should run clockwise in the Spring. It makes for some variety and a nice balance between the events.
Jimmy P.
#98 Silver BMW M3 - ITE
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

I think that is a good point Joe has. If I remember correctly, we have run it both directions on the same weekend. CW one day and CCW the other. I'm I remembering that correctly?
Stan Vann
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

need everyone's vote

Post by Joe Foering »

Yes, we did run in both directions in the past, but, there were complaints from the main track that when we ran clockwise in the Fall, the drivers on the main circuit were distracted by what they thought were cars coming at them from the wrong direction so we can only run counterclockwise in the Fall.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Yes we have been running clockwise Saturday and counter Sunday or viseversa. At the last Spring Jefferson the question was asked which type of event do you want for next year. The highest votes were for 1 direction for both days. This poll is to find out what you all want. For the looks of the votes so far it will be clockwise. Vote it up all!
Regards,

Tim Royer
McDallion
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 43

Running direction at Jefferson

Post by McDallion »

I think we should continue to run Jefferson in both directions. It has been established that a car can be damaged running either.
Don
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Well I would do it either way. It was put to a vote last year like I said and eveyone there wanted a single direction for both days. Also they voted and all said clockwise. So I'm just double checking what everyone prefers and sorry but it will only be one way for both days.
Regards,

Tim Royer
jimmyp
Novice

Post by jimmyp »

Tim Royer wrote:HI,

Well I would do it either way. It was put to a vote last year like I said and eveyone there wanted a single direction for both days. Also they voted and all said clockwise. So I'm just double checking what everyone prefers and sorry but it will only be one way for both days.
Makes perfect sense Tim, since thats the only chance we have to run it clockwise (Spring event) may as well take advantage of that.
Clockwise is no longer an option at the Fall one, so it balances.
Two days per season CW, two days CCW.
Jimmy P.
#98 Silver BMW M3 - ITE
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

If it's still two events???? then it should be both directions. One event, one direction counter clockwise would be logical. The instructors that I have spoke to agree that CCW is safer.
Dave Yeager, EL&M Auto Recycling, S. Jersey
H/P Rabbit GTI, National Club Racing
ITC Scirocco, Regional CR, Time Trials
MKIII Golf, LeMons/Chump car
V1 TR4, Vintage/ Historic
Formula SAE, SOLO II
V1 Sprite
500 Late Model Parts Cars
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

It would be a single event going the same way each day so single event points are awarded. The course was designed to go either CCW or CW. There is just as much chance of anything happening either way you go. There's plenty of runoff going either way. Knock on wood, we have been running CW for years now with no real problems. The only problems with off courses is overdriving the car and that's on the driver.

At the PHA meeting I will bring up what options are on the table. I like running either direction and prefer running both ways. Like all the years in the past though I doubt I'll have any runs that weekend. This event is for all you guys I'm just making what you want, or trying :)
Regards,

Tim Royer
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

dspgti wrote:If it's still two events???? then it should be both directions. One event, one direction counter clockwise would be logical. The instructors that I have spoke to agree that CCW is safer.
Wow, I'd love to know who they are. It is *quite a bit* safer to run the event clockwise, as that is the direction that the track was originally designed for...

The major reason we still run CCW only in the fall is at the request of DC Region.
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Matt Green wrote: It is *quite a bit* safer to run the event clockwise, as that is the direction that the track was originally designed for...
That makes sense. I always pucker up a bit when watching the in-car video running wide open and then trying to get it slowed down in time before you become part of the woods at turn 1 in the CCW direction (up hill right to the esses from the front straight).
It never bothers me in the car, just after the fact... :roll:
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

As a guy who had their brakes go out just prior to that turn I can understand how you feel RX. Going off track at 100+ mph with nothing but trees in front of you. The track is defintely NOT setup equally for both directions, although it has been improved since my "incident".
~Matt Rowe
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hi,

I do retrack my "equal" statement. Matt G. is correct. I was going to repost about this but my PC crashed Sunday and I'm stuck just checking the forum at noon. FYI any emails sent to me will be delayed in a reply. Please message me on this forum till further notice :)
Regards,

Tim Royer
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Survey?

Post by svann »

Tim,
I'm good with any or both directions. REALLY! But should you have added a option of "Both directions" to the survey? It looks like that is a option that some what to have.
Stan Vann
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

The only issue with that is that then we need to run Touring runs both days. In our current format, Touring amounts to less total track time at speed and in a safe environment. Going the same direction both days means we can start right out on Sunday with timed runs...
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?