Ford GT glut?

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

dfink12
Novice

Ford GT glut?

Post by dfink12 »

Has anyone been considering switching to a Ford GT?

I just got the shock of the last decade. I was saving up for a 2006 Z06 with the better engine thinking the Ford GT's at $160K plus new would never come down enough, even the 05 and 04!

Guess what! There is a new 05 GT advertised at $50,000 and a certified used 05 not far away for less than $40,000. Mention of a glut and these prices may indicate the cars haven't sold that well. Not surprising at the price! I may have to test drive one and see how bad the noisy complaint, poor rearview vis. and poor storage issues are!

At 550 hp, 500 ft. lb., 3489 lbs, 12-12.2 1/4 times, I may be able to put up with the noise if I fit in it with a helmet on.

Some opinions would be valued. I'll try to find out if it would run in ASP as is. It should beat that Porche on a decent weekend that beat my old ASP record!

Dennis
Black formula turbocharged Reynard rotary, #0, old Moreck car!
dfink12
Novice

Ford GT glut?

Post by dfink12 »

That less than $40,000 may be a faulty search engine or a come-on so the $50,000 might be suspect as well so don't get excited yet? I'll keep you posted!
Rick Rohrbach

Post by Rick Rohrbach »

Dennis, I checked out an '05 Ford GT last week and the sticker was $166,000.00 PLUS they tacked on another $25, 000 premium. '06 is going to be the last year of production ,which hasn't even started yet. They will not do anymore because of emissions in '07. The '06 model will be available in the Gulf team colors and you can specify the number you want on the car......don't know the additional cost, though. If I do find one, the first place I take is to the track!
Rick Rohrbach

Post by Rick Rohrbach »

Dennis, I checked out an '05 Ford GT last week and the sticker was $166,000.00 PLUS they tacked on another $25, 000 premium. '06 is going to be the last year of production ,which hasn't even started yet. They will not do anymore because of emissions in '07. The '06 model will be available in the Gulf team colors and you can specify the number you want on the car......don't know the additional cost, though. If I do find one, the first place I take is to the track!
dfink12
Novice

No Ford GT glut

Post by dfink12 »

Thanks Rick! I'm getting the same impression. Some dealers weren't listing the price since they worry about advertising such an expensive car in the showroom. Some of the search engines include such cars in a less than $50,000 or less than $40,000 search by treating it as no cost. We only wish. I'll try again to find the Oregon 05 GT that was advertised at $50,000 but I'm sure its a typo or something. I'll keep trying. If there are any lawyers out there who would like to try to get a dealership to live up to their advertising I'd love to pursue it but I imagine they have their butts well covered. The Noble M12 might be almost as good and a well used one might be less than a lowmileage 06 Z06. They start around $95,000 as you may know and can be found at !Gracing.com, and I guess they've been produced since 99? I just got the following quote on an 04 M12:

"We are asking $79,500 for the M12GTO3R. This is a 1 owner vehicle with no accidents whatsoever. Working on a Noble is actually quite easy. We can supply a full shop manual, and there are quite a few shops in the US that perform work on the cars. Where do you live?"
dfink12
Novice

Correction

Post by dfink12 »

That source for the Noble M12 should have been 1Gracing.com, not '!G'
RX-Midget
Novice

Re: Correction

Post by RX-Midget »

dfink12 wrote:That source for the Noble M12 should have been 1Gracing.com, not '!G'
Check out the Ultima. Here is a link to my friends car. I built the headers and turbo system for him. He is getting about 550hp and 500ft/lbs out of a stock LS-1 on 6psi of boost. Oh, and the car weighs 1900lbs and has street tags :shock:

http://www.markkoch.net/canamMain.asp

The Ultima was designed by the same guy that did the Noble from what I have read.

Here is the factory site:
http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/index.html
dfink12
Novice

Ultima-Wow!

Post by dfink12 »

Thanks RX Midget!

Amazing power to weight ratio!!!
0-60 2.7
1/4 in 10.5

I emailed for info on used version availablity, warranty, etc. I'm no mechanic so the most appealing part of the 06 Z06 is the reliability/low maintanence.
RX-Midget
Novice

Re: Ultima-Wow!

Post by RX-Midget »

dfink12 wrote:Thanks RX Midget!

Amazing power to weight ratio!!!
0-60 2.7
1/4 in 10.5

I emailed for info on used version availablity, warranty, etc. I'm no mechanic so the most appealing part of the 06 Z06 is the reliability/low maintanence.
I found this one for sale on my friends web site / forum for Ultima's in the USA.

Here is a link to the site and wher eyou can contact the owner.
http://www.markkoch.net/ultima/forSale.asp

Info:

Allen's item(s) for sale.
Ad Number : 41 Date : 12/2/2005
Item Description : Yellow Ultima GTR - 600+ HP Vortech Supercharged Chevy 383 - 2000 miles - 5 speed G50 03 with LSD - AP Racing brakes - Almost all Factory upgrade options - Excellent build quality - Located in Devner area - serious inquiries ONLY please.
Price : 85000

Hey, at least it is the right color! (OK, I'm a little biased...)
dfink12
Novice

Mean Stree Machine!

Post by dfink12 »

Wow! How reliable is that engine? What do you think Rick? Maybe we should go together on it and co-drive it? That baby could take a Porche and maybe an Eagle on the right day, and most March's too!
dfink12
Novice

Ultima-Wow!

Post by dfink12 »

Thanks for the additional info RX. Does anyone know if any of these Ultimas have passed tech inspection for SCCA Hillclimbs? I'll likely be retiring in a month so maybe I'll try the kit but a used one like the above would sure be faster!
RX-Midget
Novice

Re: Ultima-Wow!

Post by RX-Midget »

dfink12 wrote:Thanks for the additional info RX. Does anyone know if any of these Ultimas have passed tech inspection for SCCA Hillclimbs? I'll likely be retiring in a month so maybe I'll try the kit but a used one like the above would sure be faster!
The Ultima CanAM that I worked on would not pass tech since it only had a roll bar from the factory. I thought I remember seeing that the factory offered a full competition cage as an option. The entire car is made from mild steel (round and box tube), so adding/modifying a DOM steel roll cage should be pretty easy if the factory option does not work.

This what they offer to meet the RAC regs over in the UK (metric tube size converted is 1.5" dia., .125" wall):

GTR ACCESSORIES JANUARY 2006

CHASSIS PARTS

Roll bar comprising of a single hoop and diagonal in 3.2mmx38mm
Cold drawn seamless tube with rear braces to engine bay.
£483.00

Full RAC spec roll cage in 38mmx3.2mm wall thickness CDS as single
hoop but with hoop around windscreen braced back to rear hoop.
£920.00
Rick Rohrbach

Post by Rick Rohrbach »

Wow! that car better have some serious brakes!
Rick Rohrbach

Post by Rick Rohrbach »

Wow! that car better have some serious brakes!
dfink12
Novice

Ultima brakes

Post by dfink12 »

How about (from Ultima Club.US) link that RX gave along with similar records beating almost all competition;

PART 1: ULTIMA SPORTS LTD BREAKS
0-100mph-0 WORLD RECORD
The Ultima Factory have smashed the production car world record in an Ultima GTR for sprinting to 100mph and back to zero again leaving all other super cars in its wake along a 1.8-mile runway at Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire.

Driven by Ultima Director, Richard Marlow, the factory built Ultima GTR set a new world record time of 10.3 seconds to achieve 0-100mph-0 smashing the previous record by half a second. The British built super car stormed from 0-60mph in 2.8 secs and reached 100mph from standstill in an incredible 5.9 secs before coming back to rest a mere 4.4 secs later. The 100mph to zero braking time not including the drivers reaction time was just 3.97secs.

All of the times were set by a standard, factory built, fully road legal, road tyred Ultima GTR built using all of the high spec factory specified and proven parts. The car was even equipped with heavy luxuries such as air conditioning but no traction control devices; launch control systems or ABS braking aids were used. The car was fitted with its recommended Porsche G50 5 speed transaxle and normally aspirated 640BHP 377ci Chevrolet V8 engine which is a standard offering by the factory from its official engine suppliers American Speed at http://www.amerspeed.com.

This record time beats the legendary £630,000 McLaren F1 road car by well over a full second at less than one tenth of the cost!

Richard Marlow, Director of Ultima Sports Ltd said “The 0-100mph-0 test is believed by many to be the ultimate test for any car and is a true indicator of a cars all round performance ability. We haven’t strapped any timing gear onto one of our cars for a few years now and decided that the time was right to demonstrate to everybody how we have been successfully developing our product over the years and gained a world record in the process. We also wanted to achieve over 200mph at the relatively short Bruntingthorpe runway on the same day however severe rain and thunderstorms curtailed this for now but it didn’t stop Ted from achieving a rather interesting 192mph pass in the wet on standing water with over 1500rpm still available!”

The test was conducted, overseen and verified by an official from Datron Technology and the latest state of the art GPS timing gear was utilised to achieve and ensure maximum accuracy.
A submission has been made to the world-renowned Guinness Book of Records.

Three videos of the record breaking run can be downloaded at the sit that RX gives the link to above or maybe adjacent topic:

12.5" curved vane vented disc brakes all round with four pot calipers and mechanical handbrake.

Adjustable brake bias front to rear. All s/s TUV hoses.
dfink12
Novice

Ultima acceleration and braking (640 hp engine I believe)

Post by dfink12 »

With only 1900 lbs and 13 in. rears and 9 in. fronts (18's I think), How about:

0-100mph-0 comparison times

Ultima GTR
9.8secs

Ferrari Enzo
10.9secs

McLaren F1 LM
11.5secs

Porsche Carrera GT
11.6secs

Pagani Zonda
11.8secs

Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo
13.1secs

Ferrari F40
13.8secs

Lamborghini Murcielago
13.9secs

Aston Martin DB9
14.9secs

Honda NSX Type-R
16.2secs

0-60mph comparison times

Ultima GTR
2.8secs

Ferrari Enzo
3.4secs

McLaren F1 LM
3.2secs

Porsche Carrera GT
3.7secs

Pagani Zonda
3.7secs

Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo
3.7secs

Ferrari F40
3.8secs

Lamborghini Murcielago
4.0secs

Aston Martin DB9
5.0secs

Honda NSX Type-R
4.9secs

0-100mph comparison times

Ultima GTR
5.8secs

Ferrari Enzo
6.7secs

McLaren F1 LM
6.3secs

Porsche Carrera GT
7.4secs

Pagani Zonda
7.5secs

Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo
8.5secs

Ferrari F40
7.8secs

Lamborghini Murcielago
9.0secs

Aston Martin DB9
10.2secs

Honda NSX Type-R
11.4secs

100mph-0 braking comparison times
(not including drivers reaction time)

Ultima GTR
3.6secs

Ferrari Enzo
4.0secs

McLaren F1 LM
4.6secs

Porsche Carrera GT
4.1secs

Pagani Zonda
4.0secs

Porsche 911 Ruf R Turbo
4.2secs

Ferrari F40
4.7secs

Lamborghini Murcielago
4.4secs

Aston Martin DB9
4.4secs

Honda NSX Type-R
4.4secs

"I believe everyone is on street tires

Ted Marlow commented “We are particularly delighted that we achieved two 9.8secs world record runs in a row for good measure. Also the data sheet shows that the full potential of the Ultima GTR at the 0-100mph-0 sprint still hasn’t been realized because if you take our fastest recorded 0-100mph time of 5.5secs (achieved during a successful 0-150mph world record run in September 2004 when track temperature was higher) and marry it to our fastest recorded 100mph to zero braking time of 3.6secs, then a low 9 secs 0-100mph-0 run is possible.That’s something to aim for another day.”

A video of the record breaking run can be downloaded here:
dfink12
Novice

Ultima turning

Post by dfink12 »

PART 4: ULTIMA FACTORY ESTABLISHES
WORLD BEATING SKIDPAD STATISTIC
The Ultima Factory yesterday has set another world beating statistic in the all-conquering Ultima GTR. The Ultima GTR logged a road car skidpad world record of 1.176g lateral grip around a 200ft diameter circle, at the Chertsey test facility.

The skidpad is a well-known test, particularly common in the USA, and is regarded by many leading car manufacturers as the dyno of grip. A 200ft diameter circle looks about as much like a real corner as a dyno roller looks like a road, but as a tool, it’s an unbeatable facsimile of the real thing. The correct procedure to conduct the test accurately is to measure the lap time around a 200ft circle and then this data is converted into lateral acceleration. The fastest two laps in each direction are recorded, and the final score is the average of these four laps.

The Ultima GTR road car used for the successful record attempt was the factory’s recently completed standard production specification Ultima GTR640 demonstrator which was driven by Ultima Directors, Ted and Richard Marlow, who both recorded virtually identical world beating lap times to each other.

Richard Marlow commented “ Now we have officially proved that the Ultima GTR is the fastest accelerating and decelerating supercar in the world with our other world records, the time has come to demonstrate through independent verified timing how incredibly well the Ultima GTR handles and corners, and this new record is part of our campaign to comprehensively demonstrate this fact beyond any doubt. Brute power is pointless without control, but where the Ultima GTR is concerned it possesses both these attributes in equally large measures”.

Once again, as with all Ultima’s world beating figures, the test was strictly conducted, overseen and verified by an official from Datron Technology who are acknowledged by the motoring press and the Guinness Book of Records as official timekeepers, using state of the art Microsat GPS equipment. The Ultima GTR640 used for the successful world beating run was fully road legal, fitted with road tyres and was driven to and from the test venue.

SKIDPAD COMPARISON FIGURES (street tires)

(Lateral g)

Ultima GTR

Porsche 911 GT1

Porsche 911 GT2

Ferrari Enzo

Porsche Carrera GT

Saleen S7

Ford GT40

Lotus Elise

Porsche Ruf R Turbo

Porsche 996 Turbo

Porsche Boxster S

Lamborghini Gallardo

Corvette Z06

Ferrari 360

Porsche 911 GT3

Honda NSX

Lamborghini Murcielago

McLaren F1

Figures taken from Road & Track Magazine

Two videos of the record breaking run can be downloaded here

Maybe we really should consider going together on one and co driving it for a year or so?
Rick Rohrbach

Post by Rick Rohrbach »

I went online to the site and the GTR without a porsche G50 transaxle and a chevy Ls6 motor is still $89,000.00............
dfink12
Novice

Ultima GTR costs

Post by dfink12 »

Yea, most of the completed kits, even though used, are likely to be over $75,000 but if I (or we) order a new kit and put it together ourselves, the cost should be less than $70,000, even for a 535 hp. engine, with at least a one year warranty on the engine.

I start training a replacement tomorrow so in one month I'll have lots of time to put together a super car but it would be a lot more fun to have some help and advice!
Rick Rohrbach

Post by Rick Rohrbach »

Whew, I don't think I can take on another project, The march is in a million pieces, the 911 is finally being put back together, the rig is getting a re-do and to top it off, Robbies karting scedule this year is brutal!