when I am not a novice?

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

///Mracer
Novice

when I am not a novice?

Post by ///Mracer »

1. Is there a certain amount of events you have to do (total or per year?) until you can apply for your regular time trial license?

2. If you do a hill once, the next time you compete at that hill do you have to do the novice meeting? What if you still have a novice TT license but competeted at that hill before?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt - '95 M3 (now in ITE trim!)

Jefferson Spr. C.W. - 57.5 (SM Record 06)
Pagoda - 60.9 (BSP Record 05)
Duryea - 123.6 (ITE '06)
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Three events have to be completed to the satisfaction of the novice instructor before you can apply for a regular license.

You must still attend the novice meeting if you have only have a novice permit, even if you have run the hill/track before.

But I thought you had already met the 3 race requirement Matt? Or are you trying to lure new people into the sport?
~Matt Rowe
///Mracer
Novice

Post by ///Mracer »

Matt Rowe wrote:Three events have to be completed to the satisfaction of the novice instructor before you can apply for a regular license.

You must still attend the novice meeting if you have only have a novice permit, even if you have run the hill/track before.

But I thought you had already met the 3 race requirement Matt? Or are you trying to lure new people into the sport?
nope, I have only done Pagoda and Duryea. I plan on at least adding the Jefferson TT's to my schedule. So I guess when I renew my SCCA membership that I will also do the novice TT driver license. So if I get my third event at spring jefferson, I can apply for a regular TT license and not be considered a rookie for pagoda?
Matt - '95 M3 (now in ITE trim!)

Jefferson Spr. C.W. - 57.5 (SM Record 06)
Pagoda - 60.9 (BSP Record 05)
Duryea - 123.6 (ITE '06)
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,
2. If you do a hill once, the next time you compete at that hill do you have to do the novice meeting? What if you still have a novice TT license but competeted at that hill before?
Also any event that you have not raced in you must attend novice meeting. Just like Pagoda and Duyea you had to attend each of them because they are 2 different events. Just like Spring and Fall Weatherlys are the same course but different events.The first time at any / each event you must attend novice meeting for your safety. I remember when I was just starting out I think the first 2 years I attended every novice meeting because it gave me a closer look at the hill and condition ot the course. Of course Jim Cossner as instructor in the novice meeting was a big benifit to anyone listening.
Regards,

Tim Royer