seat brackets

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

gdh57
Site Admin

seat brackets

Post by gdh57 »

Decided to move this to a new thread...

I have my new Kirkey seat, and I want to mount it on a slider. The seat will be attached to the cage at the back as required, which will be on a slider with a pin to select the position.

Are there any requirements for the seat bottom mounts? We still want it on a slider if possible, and were planning to put in something heavier than the stock rails.

The other alternative seems to be having several different positions to bolt the seat at. But unbolting the seat, moving it to the new position, and bolting it back in between each run sounds like a lot of trouble at an event!

Thanks!

Grace
eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

seat brackets

Post by eimc »

Hi grace & keith I just installed sear sliders from OG Racing on my golf. I had bought other sliders but these are much better built -slide great and have the usual but heavy slider locks. Paul
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

Post by eimc »

grace ,keith what kind of diff. are you using open , locked or limited slip? If limited slip what kind (peloquin quafte vwr ) Paul
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Hi Paul:

Thanks for the info on the sliders, I'll check them out.

I have a quaife in the scirocco. It took a bit to get used to, but now I will likely put one in my other one when I have its tranny pulled and rebuilt (it is still stock).

Grace