Giants in Car

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

jmullins
Novice

Giants in Car

Post by jmullins »

Anyone know of any in-car video on the net of Giants?
Just want to get an idea of what it looks like to run it.
I searched the forum and did not see anything for Giants.
Thanks.
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Roy
Novice

Post by Roy »

Here's one of tony setting the ITB record in the swift in 04 (includes cool down and turn around):

http://csl.forcefed4.com/roydean/tonyrecd.wmv
1989 Suzuki Swift Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza RS
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

In car video at giants

Post by eimc »

Roy, What kind of video equip. were you using. I know zero about video but would like to get a camera in car this year. Your's looked and sounded great. Thanks Paul
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Great run and video.

The Giant's run that's occasionally replaying in my head is slightly different...a '75 Buick lurches out of the Trailer Park and begins heading down the hill! CRETIN!
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
jmullins
Novice

Post by jmullins »

And where is the In-car from that run?
From the Buick of course. :shock:
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

That's assuming the Buick driver would know how to run one...

(BTW, that little episode actually happened to me in '99...) :x :x :x
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
Roy
Novice

Re: In car video at giants

Post by Roy »

eimc wrote:Roy, What kind of video equip. were you using. I know zero about video but would like to get a camera in car this year. Your's looked and sounded great. Thanks Paul
My camera is a Canon ZR20 miniDV, which I purchased new for about $500 maybe 3 or 4 years ago. New (and better) miniDV cameras can now be purchased new for sub $200.

I can import the raw DV quality video onto my computer via firewire and the "windows movie maker" that was included with computer. Depending on my mood, I either edit with movie maker or Adobe Premier. I'm not sure what codec I used for this video, but I now use DIVX which produces better quality and smaller files. I use a Brey-Krause camera mount (they're local - in Bethlehem), which is a nice mount, but only good for 1.5" horizontal tubing. I'm sure you can switch out the clamp blocks if you really wanted to. At the time I had a connection there, so I paid very little for it. The I/O Port mounts are ok, too (but they "rock" with the car movements).
2000 Subaru Impreza RS
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

I still need more in car and out of Giants. Video, pictures or anything is needed to produce a promo video for Giants. Email or call me if you have anything you would like to be used. I have some stuff from the net from Jeff, just need an amen from you to use it. Thanks all!!
Regards,

Tim Royer
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Tim,

You all are welcome to use anything I have, but I do not have any vids from Giant's.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
reddodge85
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: own the Neon driven by Donald DeHart and Crystal Whisler.

Post by reddodge85 »

I'll have to look and see where my photo albums got too. I don't have any of my older stuff(prior to 2004) on cd. I'll look through and put some on cd. Anything in particular Tim?
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Thanks Jeff!!

Ersula anything Giants, well PG rated anyway :roll: Thanks Red. If your going to PHA meeting can you or someone bring it along please?

Anyone else that has video (needed badly) or pics can bring them to the PHA meeting this Saturday details at http://www.pahillclimb.org

Thanks in advance!! Credits will be given to anyone contributing!!
Regards,

Tim Royer
Roy
Novice

Post by Roy »

Tim, did you get my data DVD?
2000 Subaru Impreza RS
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

Yes Roy and thanks so much! I completed the DVD I was making Friday night. It played at the SCCA Round Table that BRM hosted in Reading, Pa this weekend. I had very good feedback on it and even have a few orders to make. It is for sale for $20 plus shipping cost. If anyone were going to the PHA meeting in Fleetwood, PA I will have some there for sale of course then it would just be $20.

Roy you will be getting a copy free, as is everyone else that contributed to the content. I still need more pictures and videos! There must be more this out there. Anyone that has photos to contribute will receive there own digital copy of these pictures on a CD-Rom that can be used to take to a photo lab or used on your computer. Even old super 8 reels I will have made into a digital movie for you so they last forever! Every year these films degrade and some become unusable. History on this event or any event is so important to me and should be shared.

The DVD I just made has a brief history segment (15mins) and the 2 in car cams that I had put to an audio track. . It also has 100's of pictures from 1963-2005 on it as a slideshow with a music track. All the videos are on here also. I'm working on making a complete history with pictures and video to compliment the commentary better so it may be a couple of weeks till final DVD is ready.

All DVD's that are sold will have a serial number. This will be a limited edition DVD set. Anyone wishing to order can email Tim Royer at TimeTrials@nepascca.org or call 570-454-2927

Any proceeds benefit NEPA region SCCA.
Regards,

Tim Royer