2006 Giants?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

2006 Giants?

Post by Rich Rock »

Anyone know the tentative dates for this event?

Rich Rock
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI Rich,

July 8-10th is setup but it will be more involving that whole week of the 4th. In the planning stages will this as we speak. :)

I'll let you all know as soon as I can what will be.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Any truth to the rumor that Governor Rendell says he'll be there?

Rich Rock
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

That's the rumor, not yet confirmed. 8)
Regards,

Tim Royer
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Rich Rock wrote:Any truth to the rumor that Governor Rendell says he'll be there?
I'll trade him for Carroll Shelby.
(Or Roger. Or Oscar. Or Suzie, for that matter...)
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Oscar will be there for sure. Carroll's not in good health, so I heard. Trying to make it as good as possible.
Regards,

Tim Royer
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

Will there be room for a big swampn` rebel hillclimber this year (probably not in a GT1 car)????

Looking forward to this. Once in a lifetime opportunity. I plan on coming up a couple of days early, and hanging out for a couple of days. Make my rounds between the Morecks place and the Danko shops at the top of the mountain. Go down and see if Swifty has some cold brews in the fridge!!

Mash
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Mark you were up here last year so you will be getting an entry on the first mailing.
Regards,

Tim Royer
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Thanks Tim. Let the Yeungling flow!

BTW. I have sold my trailer, pitbox, equipment. Car may be sold, will update you.

Probably will be going to a vette, maybe an ITE type car, maybe very stock. Open trailer. Drive on , drive off! Tired of needing a small army to push the beast around.

Mash
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Mel Horn wrote:
Rich Rock wrote:Any truth to the rumor that Governor Rendell says he'll be there?
I'll trade him for Carroll Shelby.
(Or Roger. Or Oscar. Or Suzie, for that matter...)
Actually Rendull is a more stick-and-ball kinda guy (Can you say Comcast?) however he was accused a couple years ago of having his limo around 100 mph on the Turnpike. Come to think of it, a State Trooper was driving so he's probably even useless behind the wheel.
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hey Mark,

I'm going to miss the thunder of that bowtie now. Well, If your like me I'm happy racing in anything. There is a level of completion in any class I actually like racing my Mustang over the Swift, go figure.
Regards,

Tim Royer
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Tim.
Mustang = Tail hanging, tire burning, throwing the car around = fun

Swift = precision, precision, precision = fast and scary!

BTW. VIR is back on the SE solo1 (whoops, TimeTrial) shedule this year. Check out http://www.rivergate5speed.com and follow the links to the TimeTrial area.

Maybe its time to open the communication lines between the North and South about this event??? Truthfully, I have forgotten whose turn it is to host the East Coast Championship event???

Mash
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

I love VIR event, I'm going!!
Regards,

Tim Royer
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

It's the South's turn to host. BMR hosted last fall at Summit Point. Let's do it at VIR. I grew up on that track in the '70s!
#7 ITC
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Sounds good. I`ll see if I can contact the NCR folks, and Steve Tompkins, and make sure they are aware they will be hosting. Great site. I recall Tim Royer and myself had a great battle for FTD there a couple of years ago (2??). Great time of year to be in VA.

Mash
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

As a transplanted Virginian, I'd have to say that any time of the year is a good time to be in Virginia!
#7 ITC
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

Yep that was 2 years ago since the last race. I was gunning for yah Mark but that car was in it's development stages and is a handfull to drive. That is one of the highlights for me racing so far and hats off to you Mark nice driving!!

Hope it works out for VIR I missed going there this year. :(
Regards,

Tim Royer