Weatherly directions

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

gdh57
Site Admin

Weatherly directions

Post by gdh57 »

Can anyone give me directions to Weatherly -- the hill and the registration site Fri night? We'll be coming from S Jersey, so will likely be coming up the NE Extension (unless there's a better way).

Thanks!

Grace
Joe B.
Novice

Post by Joe B. »

Just PM'd you with directions from the PA TP.

Joe Bartek
bshertzer
Novice

Post by bshertzer »

could i get directions coming from Harrisburg area (17028)? I've never been to an event before, and want to check it out

Thanks! Brian
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Here are the directions that Joe B sent me from the PA turnpike to Euranak Park where registration is (thanks again Joe!), edited with some additional information sent to me from someone who's email address is very familiar, but I don't remember who it belongs to:

Coming up the PA TP north, take the Mahoning Valley exit. I forget the exit number, but it's the first exit after the Lehigh Tunnel.
At the exit, take the ramp to the left,towards Jim Thorpe and Lehighton, which will put you on Rt209. At the end of the ramp, bare right on to 209. Follow that till the 1st stop light, which is the intersection of 209 and 145. Go straight across the bridge and at the light, turn right towards Jim Thorpe. Follow 209 through Lehighton, and then in to Jim Thorpe.
At the bottom of the hill, at the stop light, turn right. The Carbon county Courthouse will be right in front of you. At the next light, go straight on 209 to Nesquehoning. Before you get to Nesquehoning, you'll see the sign for Rt93, which will be a right turn. Follow Rt93 up the hill. A few miles up the road, you'll see a sign for Weatherly, it will be a right turn (BRENKMAN DR / PA-4010). It's after the bottom of a hill. Take the right and follow that road to Weatherly (becomes HUDSONDALE ST).
After entering Weatherly, you need to make a right across a small bridge (SHARP RIGHT onto E MAIN ST).
Warner's Garage will be on your left, it's a Dodge dealership. Immediately after crossing the bridge, turn right. Follwo the road around till the stop sign. Go up the hill and look for the signs to Eurana Park, that's where registration is. They can direct you to the hill from there, which is a few blocks away.

For the start line, and from E MAIN ST:

14: Turn LEFT onto WILBUR ST. 0.1 miles Map

15: WILBUR ST becomes LAUREL ST. 0.3 miles Map

16: Turn LEFT onto EVERGREEN AVE. 0.1 miles Map

17: End at [1-367] Evergreen Ave

Grace
Joe B.
Novice

Post by Joe B. »

Just PM'd you with directions Brian...
bshertzer
Novice

Post by bshertzer »

thanks guys!!!... i'll prob. be there with my sons in tow. i keep hearing good things about hillclimbing. a guy i know will be running there, thats how i ended up hearing about this. he tells me the boys will love it... we shall see :lol:
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Grace - those are OK directions for someone driving a street car to the hill but DO NOT TOW that way!! The hill is way too steep for what most of us tow with. Stay on the Trunpike & get off at the Pocono exit. Take 80 West to White Haven, left off the ramp & another left at the bar at top of hill, about 1 mile. Follow signs to Weatherly & then Eurana PArk.
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Thanks Sue! The Dakota can have problems with some of the hills on the NE extension, so less steep is better.

Grace
Joe B.
Novice

Post by Joe B. »

Thanks for the corrections Sue. I'm used to driving, not towing anymore...

Joe
Roy
Novice

Post by Roy »

just so that EVERYONE isn't scared away, I tow up that hill with no problems whatsoever (4.7L 1500 ram), although my loaded trailer weight of 3000 lbs is probably less than most peoples cars alone.

The manual tranny is the trick. :wink:
1989 Suzuki Swift Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza RS
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM