Duryea Pictures

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

tupdegrove
Novice

Duryea Pictures

Post by tupdegrove »

As expected, there were a lot of cars there on Saturday and it was neat to see a lot of new cars and drivers. Unfortunately, that meant only two runs (90 minutes/run) which limited my locations. I was in turn 2 for run #1 and, after lunch, found Haag Rd. at the Fire Tower for run #2. I think everyone was pretty clean on run #1 and think there were only a few minor incidents on run #2 (I wasn't by a radio). A few drivers said they beat their class record.

This was my first time at a high-speed section. I was past the Finish Line, a few hundred feet or so past the crest of the hill, standing next to the wall. Bill in the yellow Audi (#6) was one of the first very fast cars that I saw there. He blew past me so fast, and with the sound of the car, it scared the heck out of me! Is the max speed about 140mph there? I was very surprised to capture two fast cars (Merlin and someone else) with their right-rear wheel off the ground in this section. Is that just due to the car unloading over the crest?

I posted a lot of pictures (nearly 250) at http://www.enter.net/~tdu/Places/Hillclimb. If anyone is interested in purchasing any pictures, send me an email at tdu@enter.net and I'll send you details.

Viewing details (you probably already know this). The link above lists all the available 2005 events (not enough web space for every year). Clicking on an event will display all the small thumbnails. Clicking on any thumbnail will display a larger image. Once viewing the larger image, you can change pictures by (1) clicking on the picture, (2) clicking the left or right arrows at the top of the screen, or (3) by pressing the keyboard left and right arrow keys. Some pictures have comments at the bottom of the picture. For a larger image on the screen, change the screen resolution by right-clicking on the desktop, choosing Properties, Settings tab, and reducing the Screen Resolution (say 800x600 or 640x480).

Tim Updegrove
///Mracer
Novice

Re: Duryea Pictures

Post by ///Mracer »

tupdegrove wrote:As expected, there were a lot of cars there on Saturday and it was neat to see a lot of new cars and drivers. Unfortunately, that meant only two runs (90 minutes/run) which limited my locations. I was in turn 2 for run #1 and, after lunch, found Haag Rd. at the Fire Tower for run #2. I think everyone was pretty clean on run #1 and think there were only a few minor incidents on run #2 (I wasn't by a radio). A few drivers said they beat their class record.

This was my first time at a high-speed section. I was past the Finish Line, a few hundred feet or so past the crest of the hill, standing next to the wall. Bill in the yellow Audi (#6) was one of the first very fast cars that I saw there. He blew past me so fast, and with the sound of the car, it scared the heck out of me! Is the max speed about 140mph there? I was very surprised to capture two fast cars (Merlin and someone else) with their right-rear wheel off the ground in this section. Is that just due to the car unloading over the crest?

I posted a lot of pictures (nearly 250) at http://www.enter.net/~tdu/Places/Hillclimb. If anyone is interested in purchasing any pictures, send me an email at tdu@enter.net and I'll send you details.

Viewing details (you probably already know this). The link above lists all the available 2005 events (not enough web space for every year). Clicking on an event will display all the small thumbnails. Clicking on any thumbnail will display a larger image. Once viewing the larger image, you can change pictures by (1) clicking on the picture, (2) clicking the left or right arrows at the top of the screen, or (3) by pressing the keyboard left and right arrow keys. Some pictures have comments at the bottom of the picture. For a larger image on the screen, change the screen resolution by right-clicking on the desktop, choosing Properties, Settings tab, and reducing the Screen Resolution (say 800x600 or 640x480).

Tim Updegrove
thanks for the pictures. I wil lbe shooting you an email.

Matt
Matt - '95 M3 (now in ITE trim!)

Jefferson Spr. C.W. - 57.5 (SM Record 06)
Pagoda - 60.9 (BSP Record 05)
Duryea - 123.6 (ITE '06)
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Thanks as always!
It is appreciated.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates