Snowshoe Hillclimb Registration is open

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

wildhorsesracing
Novice

Snowshoe Hillclimb Registration is open

Post by wildhorsesracing »

Snowshoe Hillclimb is promising to be another awesome event! We are limiting entries to 150 cars, and we are expecting lots of prizes to give away just like last year!

Online registration is open:

http://www.snowshoehillclimb.com/

FYI - It is also the 3rd event in the 2005 Cool Shirt Southeast Hillclimb Challenge!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me - jimpantas@nasa-southeast.com - see you there!
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my car down there, but I am hoping/planning on doing this event :)
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
wildhorsesracing
Novice

Late registration fee kicks in tomorrow... :cry:
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

sorry ... I can't afford to trailer that far with current gas prices.
I really wanted to participate in this. :(
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Jefferson is closer :D
Regards,

Tim Royer
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Jefferson is closer :D
Regards,

Tim Royer
wildhorsesracing
Novice

But I live in Charlotte, NC :wink:

As a FYI - we plan to change the dates of Snowshoe next year, it will conflict with other Hillclimbs we are hosting in the new 2006 SE Hillclimb Championship Series - Sams' Gap and Rock Creek.
wildhorsesracing
Novice

Astronomical Gasoline prices didn't scare away the hillclimb racers and spectators for the 2nd Annual NASA-SE Snowshoe Hillclimb race over Labor Day weekend at Snowshoe Mountain resort. The weather was awesome and the view from the top of the mountain was definitely breathtaking! The town was blocked off and the party ensued Friday nite as Registration and Tech Inspection were held on the sidewalks of downtown Snowshoe Village. Mark Mashburn returned to defend his title of "King of the Hill", but this year Ron Adee brought two(2) cars to make sure he had a fighting chance for the title! Racing commenced early Saturday morning and Howard Bennett and Jim Pantas were out early due to mechanical failures of their cars, and were followed on Sunday by Ray Colbert. Bob Oswalt blazed a trail up the mountain with his '65 Shelby Clone Mustang much to the crowd's delight. Scott Harrison and Lee Dahmer had some extremely exciting runs up the mountainside in their Cobra replicas, with Lee's having a true 427ci engine in his car!

Sponsors Racer Wholesale, Cool Shirt, RFR Racing and Valvoline giving away numerous prizes at the Saturday nite dinner, it was a feast of food and racing goodies! Everyone returned to the luxurious Snowshoe Mtn accomodations with their appetites satisfied and handfuls of prizes.

Rookie Joe Drumheller in his FFR Daytona Coupe was quite the site to see roaring up the curvy road. Mark Mashburn and Rich Schafer each in tube chassis Camaro bodied speedsters. Returning this year as a heavy hitter, Ron Hurst challenged the hill in his vintage IMSA Tunderbird. Rookies Randy Moore and Ed Barwick vastly improved their times over the weekend as their confidence levels improved and they got used to the views from 'the track'. Lastly Mike Ancas vowed to return next year but he made no promises about washing his SpecNeon in the interim!!!

For more details go to http://www.SnowShoeHillclimb.com - see you in 2006!
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Is it true that they will be moving the date of this event for next year? I know I would have wanted to go but it conflicts with our event at Summit Point.
Regards,

Tim Royer
wildhorsesracing
Novice

Yes, we are looking at mid July (not the 4th) and/or early June.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

The weekend after the 4th is 100th Giants Despair, please be aware of that date.
Regards,

Tim Royer