Blueridge DVD update

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Blueridge DVD update

Post by svann »

This is primarily for the Oswald family, but the first quality DVD about our sport of hillclimbing in the USA is now available. I had seen that there were companies in Europe covering hillclimbs but I didn't know of anyone over here producing any. I felt that a well done broadcast quality DVD would be a great way to introduce the sport to possible sponsors and drivers who might want to join us. It seemed like with the SCCA's new TT program being lauched, the time was right. I got together with Jim Haltom who had started a video oriented autocross website in the Tidewater area of Virginia (http://www.autocross.us) and discussed it with him. Then we approached the organizers of the Blueridge Hillclimb and the Chamber of Commerce of Allegany County about the project and Jim had his subject. Jim took a big risk because there was little up front money and the original plan was going to be too costly. Therefore it almost feel apart. That almost killed me but Jim still wanted to do it, so wth only a assistant taking stills we went for it. I'm proud to say it has turned out to be better than I had even hoped. Jim received the DVDs last Friday and has shipped the pre-ordered ones. I just want to make sure the Oswalds have a chance to get theirs if they want. However I think it would be a good sales tool for presenting our sport to anyone and I hope SCCA HQ has a chance to see it too. http://www.autocross.us or http://www.blueridgehillclimb.com to see a trailer.
Stan Vann
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Oh BTW

Post by svann »

BTW Jim is interested in doing more of these. He has been contacted by the Crow Mountain Hillclimb organizers in Alabama and will be producing one for them in October. So if there is any interest, please feel free to contact Jim at jim@autocross.us The best hillclimb organization in the USA should be represented. In case anyone is thinking this, I have no financial interest in these projects, in fact I've paid for my own Blueridge DVD and even covered some of Jim's expenses to get this off the ground. I'm just trying to promote our great sport.
Stan Vann
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

I just ordered one. We need to support this activity. I'd love to see him film one of our events. Certainly next year's Giant's Despair would be a good subject but I'd like to see something done earlier as well.
#7 ITC
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

After watching the trailer I'm convinced I need to install a stereo in the car. Tunes would make me much quicker!
#7 ITC
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

I agree that the 100th Giants should be produce/covered. Tim Royer/Dankos....Ya`ll should contact Jim and discuss it with him. He is based in VA. He is a good guy, very professional.

Mash
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

OK. I have watched the DVD. Awesome, simply awesome production. Jim does professional work. Too bad we did not have more entries for him to video.

I highly suggest you guys contact this crew about videoing Giants next year. Please make this a priority. You will not regret it.

Also, please support Jim, and buy some of these DVD`s. You will enjoy.

Mash
Richard Elliott
Novice

HILL CLIMB DVD

Post by Richard Elliott »

Just got my copy in the mail, and it is great! Buy it-You'll like it, beleave me. DICK.
Better to be a has been, than a never was.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

This coming year there will be a promoter helping with ads etc, have to run that by him. I'll stay in touch, great idea.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

I got my copy yesterday and it's great! We need to send one to SCCA so they'll have a clue about what's going on. This DVD is a great way to show people what hill climbing is all about. It would be great to show to those folks who say, "I didn't know they did that anymore." Anyone who climbs hills or enjoys watching the people who do should have a copy.
#7 ITC