Giants 2005 a BIG Success

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Giants 2005 a BIG Success

Post by Mwilson »

A hardy thanks to all who put on Giants. The Dankos, Both Matts, Rick and Nelson, Jim Cosner, J.W., Jennifer, the nice people at turn-around and to all the corner workers that stood in that awful heat so we could play. I know all the drivers truly do appreciate all your efforts. I have been told that instead of being the "BUD MAN" my new nickname should be the "RAIN MAN". You had to be there to understand what I mean. I know for sure Nelson, Rick and Matt understand. Once again THANKS much for a great event. And by the way didn't need the tow rope once.
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

Ditto to everything Morgan said. How can we get word to the people at the top to tell them how much we appreciate what they did for us? My last run came a little early because the car started running rough and I parked it. Thus I never really said "thanks" sufficiently. This was one hill on which it was nice to run early so you could spend more time at turn-around!
#7 ITC
Devil's Elbow Fan
Novice

Post by Devil's Elbow Fan »

:D

It was a Great event!!

Can't wait for the 100th!!!! Bring on the "three"day event . The history of the hill deserves it!

Thanks to all!!

PS:
Don't know what happened but, still no PA at the elbow! A LOT of "fans" up on that hill.

I guess we'll bring back the Nardy's truck for next year! ;)
Thanks again to all!
The Giant lives-100years and still roaring!
AMERICA'S OLDEST HILLCLIMB
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hi,

Sorry about the PA system, I worked on it Saturday night and others helped on Friday night. The wire up to the elbow was working Friday night but there was a quad or car that ran threw it friday night late. Then come Saturday morning testing the system there was a short in the wire. Saturday after eating at the party I walked the whole hill again fixxing the breaks and the short in the line. Then Sunday morning the wire was shorted again, I'm sorry there was no time to run up and check it again.

Next year we should be broadcasting it over a FM band. There will be a remote speaker up there but anyone will be able to just grab a radio and turn to the channel were using and listen to Joe Wilkie.

I'm very sorry to any fan up there that missed it but next year there will be resolve!!

P.S. There will be a better system in place so anywhere in the pits you will also be able to here it clearly.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Devil's Elbow Fan
Novice

Post by Devil's Elbow Fan »

Tim, YOU THE MAN!!

Between tuning the cars, setting up , both the hill & the cars, wiring the hill, I think the only thing you didn't do was sell the programs!!!

A BIG THANK YOU!

Without you guys the event wouldn't be GIANT!! With the large number of entrants, it ran very smooth. Kudos!

The Fm system should be great for next year.
Looking forward to it!

Thanks again!
The Giant lives-100years and still roaring!
AMERICA'S OLDEST HILLCLIMB
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Giants

Post by Mwilson »

Tim you are indeed the man. If you were to get paid for all the hard work you did you could probably retire. An outstanding job. Just don't get to happy about this compliment because I still owe you a few digs from this past weekend. Get ready.
Thanks again Tim for everything and see you in Rose Valley.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

Thanks all.... and Morg :wink: There is so many people to thank for that whole event being what it was. Tom Knorr, Weatherly boys, DG guys, Hugh Muloney, and others came down and helped the Saturday before clearing the parking, pit, and camping area. J.P & the Wilkes-Barre Twp. Fire Co. along with Stell cleared the new area in the back of the campground. Luzerne Co. for running the poles, fence and clearing the edge of the road. PennDot for patching the road. Mayor Dan of Laurel Run and Jack Danko did all the selling for program ads. Setting up the hill Joe, and Twp used the boom truck and repaired the damage from this winter to the wires for timing. Friday many were involved JP, Twp, all DG, Mikey, Gary, Tom, D. Stella and many others.

The officials like always were the best like Nelson, Rick, Matt G, Matt R., Jen, Joe Wilkie, JW Orrs, Joe Foreing, Ted Klaus, Jim Cosner, John Tumolo, and others. Many thanks to Tom Knorr which was a great help in this whole event and was always there to help. Ed Brooks and Jeremy Sereka for helping getting the video up and running, well we tried. :( I'm sure I forgot someone but they know who they are.

Thanks to all!! Well done!
Regards,

Tim Royer