Giant's directions

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

gdh57
Site Admin

Giant's directions

Post by gdh57 »

I've convinced Keith that he wants to do Giant's next weekend, so we're planning to be there :). Maybe the new wheels will arrive next week...

Anyway, I couldn't find a link anywhere to directions for either the hill or the Sam's Club where tech is Friday night. Does anyone have an address?

Thanks!

Grace
eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

Post by eimc »

I just received directions to giants. If you have a fax machine I can fax them to you tomorrow(Sat ) from yhe office. You can call me at (work) 717 238 1810 or email at eimc@desupernet.net . I will be there untill noon. PS if you get the answering machine (it states we are closed for holiday) leave a message and I'll get back before noon. Paul
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Oops, checked the forum too late today. I did just receive directions in a PM, which were exactly what I was looking for. See you there.

Grace
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Mind posting the directions?

Thanks.

... at least what exit of I81 would be nice :)
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

ah ... just found these (Are they acurate?):

GIANTS DESPAIR—Giants is located m Laurel Run, Pa. which is only a few hundred yards to the east off Interstate 81 at the south end of Wilkes Barre. Get off Interstate B1 at exit 168 (Highland Drive). Proceed on Highland Drive to Route 309 ( at the first traffic light). Turn left (south) onto Route 309 and proceed for a few hundred yards and make a right onto the East Northampton Street off ramp (near the "Sheets" gas station). Proceed on East Northampton Street under Interstate 81 into Laurel Run. Continue straight and you will run directly into the hillclimb. The start line is actually on East Northampton street at the east end of Laurel Run.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

From Reading-

Get on I-81 from your choice of methods (I take 61 to 895 to 443 to 309). Go North for a while. Then go North some more. Then pass I-80. Then go North some more.

For the hill, get off at the Business 309 N exit (possibly marked Ashley or Laurel Run or something like that)- it's a left exit if I'm not mistaken. I think it's exit 165B. Go past the hotels and the McDonalds. Look for Northampton St. Take the "exit ramp" to it and turn right. This road becomes the hillclimb.

For tech, stay on I-81 past the exit for the hill, and take the next exit. It's about 3 miles past, so should be 168 or so. go down the ramp, and at the "bottom", WalMart will be on your left. Go there. Get teched. Be merry.

Now, if someone has slightly less vague directions, feel free to add... I don't watch where I'm driving, I just use the force...
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

FYI the tech is in Sam's Club parking lot. It was Sam's and Wal-Mart but Wal-Mart has moved up on Highland Dr. Sam's Club is the same spot for Tech like always. Look for Sam's Club on the right at the light at Sheet's Gas station.

Mini map:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/ ... antmap.bmp
Regards,

Tim Royer
RX-Midget
Novice

See ya there!

Post by RX-Midget »

I'll be at Giants this weekend, but I'll be wrenching and observing my first hill. I'll be one of the guys helping out with a bright yellow (hey, I like yellow!) Turner that my friend races vintage in.

See ya on the hill! :D

Brian
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Or, from the directions I have and from the NE extension (476):

NE Ext of the PA TPK up to the Wilkes Barre/rte 115 exit and take 115 down into Wilkes Barre...get onto 309 Bus. south and look for Northhampton Ave/St...the course is to your left...you can also come north on 309 into W/B...look for Northhampton Ave/St? going toward Laurel Run...that is the hillclimb course if you follow it off 309...the Sams Club is on 309 just above the hillclimb turn-off.

Grace