Question on Giant's

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

JekylandHyde
Novice

Question on Giant's

Post by JekylandHyde »

I have never done Giant's and I was checking out Tim's photos from last year:
http://www.enter.net/~tdu/Places/Hillcl ... index.html

... it looks like there are a few cars that got sideways and at least 2 incidents. Is there something I need to know about this course?

What are the trouble spots.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
redcatracing175
Novice

Post by redcatracing175 »

:shock: Whatever you do don't stop at the Elbow & if you do stay in your CAR!!!!!! :shock: :lol:
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Giants

Post by Mwilson »

You ask if there is something you should know. Just one thing. Pay close attention to what Jim Cosner tells you in the novice orientation. You are fortunate that Jim decided to do the Novice orientation despite his health problems. He will tell you ALL you need to know to run the Giant.
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Giants

Post by Mwilson »

Also forgot to tell you in my last post that someone on Friday night poured oil over the road at the elbow. The road was cleaned but still was a bit slick. This was part of the problem with some of the cars spinning out. The police said if they found out who did "the dirty deed", they were just going to point them out to the drivers and let them handle it from there. Giants is a fun hill and I'm sure you will have a blast running it.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

It's simple. Knowing the line and years and years of practice. Everyone has there own style of driving, Jim will just tell you were not to be.
Regards,

Tim Royer