Thanks you ...

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

JekylandHyde
Novice

Thanks you ...

Post by JekylandHyde »

It is Saturday night and I just finished playing with the MR2 ... I got much better brakes now :) Newer high temp fluid and a good bleed job does wonders. You all are probably finishing up at the party and heading back to your camps.

Anyway, I really ... really want to thank the course workers and the event organizers (and anyone else that makes these things happen).

I realize I am a realitve newb only being in my 2nd year of hill climbing, but I have been racing with a lot of other organizations for the last 10 year and I just really appreciate how well these events are run.

I'm really impressed. Thank you all.
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
redcatracing175
Novice

Post by redcatracing175 »

i know how it is being a newby.. i just started this year.. my first race was at jefferson and i was a little scared to try weatherly so i just worked the hill, but know from watching all the racers i wanna thank them bc i think i might try to run fall weatherly.. hopefully it will be as good as this past one was.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks to everyone involved! It was a very well-run event!!

I had some trouble with my car, it stumbled on the very sharp turns. I want to thank Tim Royer for coming up with the answer. I can now say with confidence that there is a connection between new tires and carb float bowl settings!

Rich Rock
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Wasn't there someone else that also suggested the bowl settings might be at fault? :wink:
~Matt Rowe
Bigfork
Novice

Post by Bigfork »

What is a carb float and how/why does it need setting? ;) Also, Rich, I got the spare part you were looking for. I'll bring it to Duryea for you.

Tony - Still in Mexico for a few more weeks.
CSP Mazda Miata
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

I'm glad that worked Rich.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Matt Rowe wrote:Wasn't there someone else that also suggested the bowl settings might be at fault? :wink:
Matt,

Yes, and it was you! Sorry, no slight intended. I was getting all kinds of opinions. I must have been still trying to wrap my mind around "do you have enough oil in the motor?" when you stopped by.

Rich Rock
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hi,

That's funny I don't remember anyone else working on the car all afternoon :roll: :lol: That is a big problem with alot of side drafts or any carb for that matter. The G's we put on a vehicle are around 1 lateral G so alot can go wrong in there. The Atlantic was one of them, along with be too lean.

Matt, you can't be wrong if we were both right. The hardest thing in the world is to not be driving the vehicle your working on and then try to fix it. It's like fixing a car over the phone.

Anytime.
Regards,

Tim Royer
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Rich or Tim,
send me an e-mail about what the carbs were doing. I had a little bit of a problem at the Jefferson on long right turns (carosel) where the fuel seamed to splash out the bowl vent (Weber 48 DCO, velocity stacks point to left side of car) and it would go lean for a bit. I've got a few ideas, but I'd like to hear what worked.

later,
Brian
rx_midget@msn.com
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Brian,

You want me to give you info that will help you beat me (again) at The Roadster Factory Summer Party Autocross? :? For free? You gotta be kidding!

Hey Morgan, can you believe this guy?

Rich Rock
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Rich Rock wrote:Brian,

You want me to give you info that will help you beat me (again) at The Roadster Factory Summer Party Autocross? :? For free? You gotta be kidding!

Hey Morgan, can you believe this guy?

Rich Rock
Wow! Hey i was just asking for a little help for a new-b.
brandonl
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 79

Post by brandonl »

He's kidding... Well, I sure hope so anyway :?

Brandon
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hi all,

:lol: He did pay alot though. :twisted:
Regards,

Tim Royer