PHA Banquet: Worker Requirement Changes and Much More

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

gdh57
Site Admin

PHA Banquet: Worker Requirement Changes and Much More

Post by gdh57 »

Worker Requirement Changes:

We give out awards to the drivers and other special people at the year end PHA Banquet.  However, its other and equally important purpose is to honor and thank the workers who make the events possible. In addition, I am positive that the drivers would welcome the chance to meet the workers in person (instead of just waving to them on their way down the hill)!

On that note, we've made some last minute changes to the requirements for complementary tickets for workers this year. Originally, we were going to keep it at 3 events as we've done for the past few years, and give each organizing body a certain number of complementary tickets based on the number of events they organize.

However, we've decided instead to provide a complementary meal to anyone that has worked 2 or more days for any PHA event.  Note that event setup or tear down counts towards the requirement. 

Workers, we really hope to see you at the banquet! 

Banquet Registration:

We are offering online and mail-in registration for the banquet this year.  The links to online registration and the mail-in form can be found on the Current Schedule / Results page:

https://pahillclimb.org/schedule-results/

Banquet Program:

Please consider placing an advertisement in the PHA Banquet Program.  There are options for a half page or full page ad, or one of the covers. 

The program gives you a chance to get your product before the PHA drivers, crews and family, or to showcase your car or racing team. Proceeds from the program allow us to provide the volunteer workers with a complimentary meal at the banquet.

In addition to ads, I am seeking out articles for the program.  You can write about anything you want, as long as it has some sort of PHA, SCCA, hillclimbing or car content.  But please don't include religion or politics :-)   

Let's make the program really special this year!  I don't have the energy (at least not yet) to revive the quarterly PHA Newsletter, but maybe, with everyone's help, we can make this year's program our yearly newsletter.  For examples, please see the Up Hill Newsletter Archives, especially the early years: 

https://pahillclimb.org/up-hill-newsletter/

My favorite article is the one by Rich in the very first one, but there are many gems throughout the years.

Submission deadline for ads or articles is October 25, 2023, but please submit as early as possible, as it's a lot of work to put the program together.  I will probably be calling you some very strong names if you wait until the last minute :-)  However, these names will be under my breath, as I will very much still appreciate your submission.

Thank you!
Grace Huntzinger
PHA Banquet Chair
gdh57
Site Admin

Re: PHA Banquet: Worker Requirement Changes and Much More

Post by gdh57 »

Reminder -- PHA Banquet is on Nov 4

The PHA Banquet will be held at the Grantville Holiday Inn (Grantville, PA) on November 4. Please register soon if you are planning to attend. Registration is online or mail-in, and the links can be found on the Current Schedule / Results page on the website.

https://pahillclimb.org/schedule-results/

PHA had a block of 30 rooms at a special rate, but they expired Oct 4. The Holiday Inn is holding 10 more rooms until Oct 13. So, if you are planning to stay at the hotel and haven't booked your room yet, you should do this soon. The hotel was completely sold out last year, so I definitely recommend booking a room as soon as possible. Details can be found on the registration form.

The PHA Critique meeting will be held at 1:00 PM at the hotel. We will be offering a zoom option for those that cannot attend in person. If you need the zoom credentials, please contact me by 10 PM on Nov 3. If you wait until after that, there is a good chance I will not see your request.

Last, we will be giving out door prizes as usual, so if you have anything you'd like to contribute, please bring it.

Thanks!

Grace