2021 PHA Critique Meeting and Awards Banquet

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

gdh57
Site Admin

2021 PHA Critique Meeting and Awards Banquet

Post by gdh57 »

Posting for John...

Hello PHA:

It is time once again to plan for our annual gathering where we honor our workers, give trophies to the champions, and most importantly, have a decent meal in the great company of the PHA family. Oh, we can also have a few drinks and lie about how great our season was. Mine was non-existent and I will lie about that at the banquet.

As for the details, the PHA banquet will be held this year on Sat Nov 20, 2021 at theHoliday Inn in Grantville, PA. We have a limited number of rooms reserved at the special rate of $99 -- see the banquet form for details.

Also, as usual, we will be holding the PHA Critique Meeting at the hotel at 2 PM before the banquet. We will be once again offering a virtual option for the meeting via zoom for anyone who cannot attend -- details will be announced closer to the date.

I do hope you can make it to both the meeting and the banquet!

A thought from the PHA Shameless Commerce department:

The price for the banquet remains the same this year per driver and guest even though our costs have gone up. Donations towards complementary worker/volunteer meals will be greatly appreciated.

In addition, please consider placing an ad in our banquet program. There are different rates for half page, full page, or the covers, with the front cover being up for bid. This is a chance for you to get your product before the PHA drivers, crews and family, or to showcase your car or racing team. So please get out there to friends, associates and vendors of car stuff, and compel them to buy an ad. Not only will it help offset the banquet costs, it will also make for a much more interesting program.

The Banquet Reservation Form and Program Ad Request form can be found on our website on the Schedule/Results page:

http://pahillclimb.org/schedule-results/

Thank you,

Your invisible VP

John Pitman
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: 2021 PHA Critique Meeting and Awards Banquet

Post by Rich Rock »

The deadline for reserving a room at the special rate has been extended until October 21.

As usual, we'll have some door prizes to give away. We'll have lots more if everyone brings one!

Thanks,

Rich
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

The 2021 PHA Critique Meeting will be held Nov 20, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET at the Holiday Inn, Grantville, PA. We are hoping that you can attend in person! We also hope that you will be attending the PHA Banquet, held at the same hotel starting at 6:00 PM ET.

The agenda for the meeting has been posted to the Schedule / Results page of the PHA website. Note that we have updated the agenda with more details than usual to show new proposals that have been submitted for discussion. Areas to pay attention to are the 2022 Supps/Classes and New Business Categories. Additional items may be added as we get closer to the event (and as we receive additional proposals from our membership), so please check the agenda.

If you are unable to attend this meeting in person, we will be offering virtual access to the meeting via Zoom. To request meeting credentials, send an email to phameetings@sinbadco.com. Please include the following information in your message so that we can verify that you are a legitimate member.

Name
Reason you are interested in attending the PHA meeting

Note that if you have not used Zoom before, general Zoom instructions can be found on the Schedule / Results page.

Thanks!

Grace
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Last Reminder:

The PHA Banquet will be held at the Grantville PA Holiday Inn on Saturday, November 20. We will be giving the hotel the final headcount on Tuesday November 16. If you are planning to attend and have not yet made a reservation, please contact me ASAP by calling / texting the number listed on the Banquet Reservation form on the Schedule/Results page of the PHA website (see the Banquet entry near the bottom).

As usual, the PHA Critique meeting will be held at 2:00 PM at the same hotel before the banquet. All are drivers, workers and anyone else interested in PHA events are welcome and encouraged to attend. If you are unable to make the banquet, but want to attend the meeting remotely -- either by phone or by computer -- via Zoom, please contact me for the Zoom meeting credentials. Please do not wait until the day of the meeting, as there is no guarantee that I will see your message in time.

Last, if you are attending the banquet, please consider donating a door prize or two. It doesn't have to be PHA related, racing related, or even car related. We will be drawing numbers for door prizes throughout the evening, so the more prizes we have, the more fun it will be.

Hope to see you all soon at the banquet!

Grace
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

I uploaded the banquet reservation list to the Schedule/Results page of the PHA website. Here is a direct link:

http://pahillclimb.org/wp-content/uploa ... esList.pdf

If you registered, please check the list and make sure your name is on it. If there's a problem, please let me know ASAP.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Grace