Tire Help / Slicks for Summit & Season)

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

b yoder
Novice

Tire Help / Slicks for Summit & Season)

Post by b yoder »

What compound are the Prodcution / GT guys mostly runnign down there?

I've been running the Goodyear 210 front / 115 rear for the hills (2 Reading events each year), mostly because that's what I've been using for Solo II. Are they going to be too soft for an event like Summit?

AND

Will they be too soft of a set-up for an entire season of hillclimbing?

Thank you.

Brian Yoder
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

I think that whatever you are used to for Autocrossing will be fine for running all the hills. Duryea is the longest we run and you already have been there and Weatherly is short but twisty, and Giants is a drag race with a few turns thrown in for good measure.
As far as the Jefferson events go we usually run a total of 3 or 4 laps depending on turn out. The track is not that big and the turns are not really tire killers. So I would venture to guess that what you usually run would be fine.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
Joe Sp

tires & weight

Post by Joe Sp »

We all know about weight and speed. If you want to go faster take some weight out of the car or your body. The best weight to loose is unsprung weight (lighter wheels, lighter brake rotors.)
We just received some of the new 205/50R15 Hankook Z214 DOT R compound tires. When I picked on up it felt light. I did some checking, the Toyo RA1 is 20 lbs., the Kuhmo Victor Racer is 21 lbs., and the Hankook tips the scale at 12 lbs. :D Sounds faster to me!
Joe
eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

Post by eimc »

Hey Joe , are you guys opening a tire store in mechanicsburg? Thanks Paul (I met you and the legend car guy at rose valley in the rain) :D
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6