Gordon

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Gordon

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Anybody have an update on Gordon?
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Gordon

Post by mrevilracing »

No updates???
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

The following occurred Thursday night after I got home from a night meeting.

From what Chuck and I have been told directly from a PHA member, Gordon was admitted to Lebanon Good Samaritan Hospital. This was after the shoulder issue was addressed. After not finding Gordon admitted to Lebanon Good Samaritan, the nice lady at the "switchboard" suggested I call surrounding hospitals and specified Lancaster General Hospital and the Hershey hospitals. I made calls to Lebanon General Hospital, Hershey Medical Center, and Hershey Penn State Medical Center and no Gordon.

I then proceeded to call the PHA member for more information and was given a room number. The only hospitals I hadn't called was the Reading area hospitals. So I called St. Joseph Medical Center and Reading Medical Center, and again, no Gordon.

Gordon is special not only due to being a fellow racer, but just a REAL nice guy. He is the only person who just pops-in and visits when he is out for a ride. Gordon also asked he could bed-in his new brakes on our street for one the race cars he bought for road racing. His tire rubber on the road put a smile on my face until the tire marks wore out. Kind of the same way when Stevil's tire marks wore out on the road from his burn-out in front of the house. On top of all of that Gordon is a kitty person like us. Thus the hunt for Gordon and prayers that he is OK.

Like Stevil asked, does anyone have any updated information? If this is a private matter, I respect that too.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Gordon is in a rehabilitation center. Hyman Caplan Pavilion, Fourth and Willow, Lebanon, Pa 17042. Room 114, bed #1.

Direct phone to his bed is 717-270-8214. He welcomes phone calls.

This whole thing is a real long story, best to let Gordon tell it.

Rich
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Rich,

Thank you.

Mary Anne
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
geowit
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 103
Current Racecar: #103 '85 Mazda RX-7 ITS

Post by geowit »

I stopped to see Gordon this afternoon. He seems to be in good spirits but will be in rehab till at least next Wednesday. It seems he has a blood infection and problems with his collar bone and rotator cuff. He's on some major antibioticsfor the infection and, of course, they are causing other issues. BUT he was very alert and was looking forward to getting behind the wheel. I'll stop by next Monday to check in again.
Thanks,
Geo.
#103 '85 Mazda RX-7 ITS
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Gordon is now in Good Samaritan Hospital, Lebanon PA. Room 460
. Direct phone is 717-270-8060.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Gordon was released from the hospital a couple days ago. He's at home, doing better, but still has some medical issues.
geowit
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 103
Current Racecar: #103 '85 Mazda RX-7 ITS

Post by geowit »

I spoke to Gordon today and, yes, he is at home and sounds much better than the last time we spoke. He's still not allowed to drive and has a nurse attending him several times a week. He's still on intravenous antibiotics thru a pic(?) but he sounds like he's in good spirits. He hopes to be back at the hills before the end of the season.
Thanks,
Geo.
#103 '85 Mazda RX-7 ITS