format for Jefferson event

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

///Mracer
Novice

format for Jefferson event

Post by ///Mracer »

Can anyone tell me what the typical daily format is for the Jefferson event? Bascially how the runs are grouped, approx. how many per day, etc...

Does this event have any time in the morning for anything like a novice walk through for people that have not been there yet?

Hopefully this will be my time trial debut :D

thanks,
Matt
Matt - '95 M3 (now in ITE trim!)

Jefferson Spr. C.W. - 57.5 (SM Record 06)
Pagoda - 60.9 (BSP Record 05)
Duryea - 123.6 (ITE '06)
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Typically the cars are broken up into the same 2 groups used throughout the series. The simplified version is the classes falling closer to street cars are in group 1 while more heavily modified and formula cars are placed in group 2. You can find out your exact group at the driver's meeting on Satruday morning.

The jefferson circuit can technically be run either clockwise or counter clockwise. I'm not sure what the event organizers have in mind for this year but last year we ran one direction Saturday and one direction on Sunday.

The novice instructor will show you the course in advance. Also, if you arrive early enough Friday evening there would be time then to walk the course. Also there is "touring run" period set aside in the morning for everyone to familiarize themselves with the course. We typically release roughly 15 or so cars onto track at a time to run a few laps at a safe pace. We then pull everyone in and send another batch out. You can run more than one set.

After that period is over we start timed runs where each driver goes out for 3-4 timed laps. We do try to keep about 3 cars on track at a time, that's about as many as we can fit without having people catch up to one another. Remember there is no passing. After the first group is complete the second group starts almost immediately and then the first group again and so on. There is a break for lunch and depending on the number of entries and the number of track oiling incidents 4-5 sets of times is reasonable per day.

Hope that helps
~Matt Rowe
///Mracer
Novice

Post by ///Mracer »

great thanks!
Matt - '95 M3 (now in ITE trim!)

Jefferson Spr. C.W. - 57.5 (SM Record 06)
Pagoda - 60.9 (BSP Record 05)
Duryea - 123.6 (ITE '06)
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

That is it in a nut shell. We will be doing the same as last year clockwise Saturday and counter Sunday I beleive it was.

See ya there! Any questions postem!
Regards,

Tim Royer
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

format for jefferson

Post by Joe Foering »

Somehow I was left with the impression at the end of last season that this year's Spring Jefferson would be run in one direction only- clockwise (as viewed from the pits) since the Fall Jefferson can only be run counter-clockwise (as viewed from the pits) because of the cars racing on the adjoining track. This would result in the two Jefferson events complimenting each other. Either way, I'll be there.
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

I could be wrong but I asked the question about which everyone would prefer at the awards. I thought everyone wanted it both directions. Anyone recall what was determined? I don't recall ever thinking that it was going to be changed.

Everyone that was there chime in!! :shock:
Regards,

Tim Royer
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

I think Tim wants us to vote in the other thread (poll) he started...
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?