Tragic Accident

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Tragic Accident

Post by Rich Rock »

I received this message from Paul van Bemmelen and am passing it along per his request. I never met Jeremy in person, but talked to him a few times by phone. He was very interested in trying hillclimbing. 30 years old a real enthusiast, lived on Long Island.

"Dear Rich

I am sorry to give you this news by email, but I might not be able to talk about this on the phone. I hope you will pass this on to all Hill-climbers and racers for their personal safety: My son Jeremy died last week in a bad mishap with a closed car-trailer, which was parked on an incline (uphill).

The Dodge Charger inside was driven into the trailer (nose first) on its own power: he did not use or attach the winch. With a ride of only a few miles he had strapped only the rear axle. While he got out of the cabin, the Dodge inside rolled back against the rear gate and this crushed him- as soon as he unbolted it.

He left behind a partner, a 3 year old daughter and an unborn baby, due in two weeks.

If anyone wants to help us-A website has been set up by his friends Erica June:

http://www.gofundme.com/JeremVanBemmelen

Thank you for the pleasure that the PHA has given me already- and we will return to the hills when both the TVR and its driver are fixed from their broken state.

Paul van Bemmelen"
GTS_Jim
Novice
Current Racecar: 1997 Viper GTS

Re: Tragic Accident

Post by GTS_Jim »

Wow , I seen this on another forum. What a small world, would have thought he was interested in hillclimbing. Sounds like a freak accident. R.I.P.