scca elections

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Tim Murphy
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 68
Current Racecar: Blue wankel (Rennie)

scca elections

Post by Tim Murphy »

We have received some campaign mail from 2 of the men that are running.
Which candidate is the most pha friendly?
Mayor of Wankerville
TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Re: scca elections

Post by TKnorr »

Steve Hyatt would be the most supportive of our events.
Tom Knorr
Tom Knorr
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

From the SCCA Email:

Area 2
Area 2 encompasses part of the Northeast Division, including Northeast Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Steel Cities, Washington DC, Central Pennsylvania, Mahoning Valley, South Jersey, Susquehanna, Blue Mountain and Misery Bay Regions.
Outgoing Director is Jerry Wannarka

Area 2 Candidates, in alphabetical order (click for candidate supplied platforms and introductions):

Mike Collins
Terry Hanushek
Steve Hyatt

Note that most of PHA members (all of PA) fall into Area 2 so you should be receiving a ballot within the week. All three candidates are good people but they do have different backgrounds and areas of focus. The short summary below is just my opinion and I am sure I am leaving out details so I would encourage you to check out the links above for their background and platform.

Mike Collins has been heavily involved in the Miata Club Racing scene in WDCR. Mike runs Meathead racing which build, maintains and rents Miatas and is a front running driver as well in SM racing.

I've known Terry Hanushek for over a decade and as a steward and event organizer within club racing where I would describe him as well reasoned, dedicated and with strong opinions. Terry has worked with the Time trials program in the past on PDXs as well so he has some familiarity with Time Trials.

Steve Hyatt has the most varied background with experience in Solo, Rally Cross in addition to Club Racing. Steve has also worked with the national office in the past as a national administrator for Emergency Response in Club Racing and he was helpful when we setup in the Time Trials program in providing some advice on EV procedures. Lastly Steve stopped by Fall Jefferson specifically to meet some of the TT drivers (unfortunately many were busy driving) and also talk about his views on the importance of Time Trials.

No matter who you favor just be sure to vote. These SCCA elections typically have lower participation than off cycle politics and with so few voting your vote can carry a lot of weight.
~Matt Rowe
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Terry Hanushek came to the BMR meeting Wednesday evening. He said that he recognizes the rich history of hillclimbing in this area, and pledged that he too will be a strong supporter of the PHA hillclimb program.
RallyKeith
Novice
Current Racecar: Isn't every car a race car????

Post by RallyKeith »

I'm going to go out on a limb and share something that may be considered controversial or just dirt slinging, but it's true and there are other people who shared in my experience and subsequent feelings.

I first met Mike Collins while sitting in on an equipment/safety seminar at the NEDIV round table earlier this year. Let’s just say he did not leave a good first impression based on his actions in that meeting. I mean no offense to anyone, but in this particular instance he exemplified the stereo type that club racers, and especially spec miata racers, are sore losers who run to their rule books looking for something to protest when they don't win/get their way. In my opinion he did not display the appropriate level of maturity for a position like area director.

Terry came to the BMR meeting last week and while he had never been to a hillclimb due to is heavy involvement in club racing, he seemed to very much understand that in Area 2 timetrials/hillclimb is just as important as club racing.

Respectfully,
Keith
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

I wouldn't vote for Mike Collins simply on the basis of the overly slick ad campaign. Glossy full color mailer for an SCCA election? You have to known he thinks being a director would be good for his business. Just my 2 cents. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Post by TKnorr »

There are to be no personal attacks on this forum. Discussions should revolve around thoughts, ideas and opinions. Those who persist will loose there right to post on this forum.
Tom Knorr, PHA Forum
Tom Knorr