would you like to race for 1/2 price????

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

PJM23
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 23
Current Racecar: Ashley (long nose) Sprite hills & road race. 323 Mazda "Skater" ice racing

would you like to race for 1/2 price????

Post by PJM23 »

Hi All Just got off the phone with Brian Westervelt (chair of EMRA phone=631 749 3244) They are having an event on the new and improved Pocono east/south course on May 4/5 (no conflict with hills)and he has asked me to invite all PHA members who may wish to race (EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE COMP LICENSE YET) to enter at 1/2 price ,that 's $125 per day ,you can run one day or both . There is a temp licence fee of $25 for the weekend . You must have up to date medical (your SCCA Solo is fine). The $25 fee will cover a race school/test, pass the test start at back of field .There will be no late fee but please let us know you are comming by thursday May 2nd.
I started this convesation with Brian last yr with historic and vintage in mind (meaning we will bend the EMRA all cars have cadge rules) but if you have a newer car and a cadge there is no reasion not to use this opertunity to give road racing a try! We will have a split start for all vintage /historic and anybody else who be wants to join us in the back
Please if you dont have a race license and are interested call me 973 383 8859 so I can set up instructors for you . If you are licensed and would like to help other PHA guys with instructing ,again call me .
Last if you just want to come out and work ,flag ,pit out ,anything please contact Brian ,all help is greatly apreciated ,lunch is provided ,maybe even pitance for gas?? I promised Brian I would ask you all to come if he could get fees lowered , he came through ,so hopfully you all will come. Hope to see you there Pete McCarthy #23 Sprite
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: would you like to race for 1/2 price????

Post by Rich Rock »

Wow, what an offer! Cheap and easy! Words I have never heard associated with roadracing.
Dave Cutchins
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 94
Current Racecar: Formula B (F-1000)

Re: would you like to race for 1/2 price????

Post by Dave Cutchins »

Bring that offer to Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit and I will be there!
Dave Cutchins
FB #94