New to the PA Hillclimb

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

rphillip89
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 313
Current Racecar: 2000 Mercury Cougar
Powered by a 03' Sable 3.0L

New to the PA Hillclimb

Post by rphillip89 »

First thank you to anyone taking a minute to read and any responses. I wanted to take a minute and say hello.

I recently started talking to a gentleman who is involved with the PA Hillclimb, and excited to get started into this, this year. I have participated in AutoX event's before and looking to expand my schedule this year to include the hillclimb. I recently moved back to PA and looking forward to the AutoX and Hillclimb in the PA area.

I need some insight, a strong point of contact and other information, or insight's in a direction to get started. Just a brief "What to Do" I suppose. Am I required or a special license, tech inspection, or anything else?

Thank you for your responses in advance!
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Re: New to the PA Hillclimb

Post by Rich Sweigart »

You will need a Scca membership and a Time Trials novice permit. Full road racing driver's gear; suit, helmet, shoes, gloves, socks, balacava, and arm restraints since I think you own a Lola formula ford, legal seat belts, fire system or bottle(This differs from the Road Racing GCR). The Level 4 part of the Time Trials rulebook will clear this up a bit. If you own that Lola, make sure you meet the RR GCR cage rules because formula cars must have a RR GCR legal cage.

We also have a novice program that you will be required to take part in, Saturday morning we have a special novice drivers meeting and we take you up the hill and show you the various parts of the course that you could get into serious trouble.

PS Checkout www.aarn.com , they have a huge expo show at the Philly Expo Center in Oaks, PA off of Rt 422. Mostly oval track stuff but, lots of companies selling safety gear.

Rich Sweigart
Reynard 84FF(Never buy a basket case of boxes; especially one with no directions!)
Rich Sweigart