WANKER ALERT FROM WILSONVILLE, OREGON

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Tom Styczynski
Novice

WANKER ALERT FROM WILSONVILLE, OREGON

Post by Tom Styczynski »

Over 2500 miles separate Pittsburgh, PA from our new home in Wilsonville, OR but the PHA Pittsburgh contingent would feel at home. Right there on 8499 Main Street Wilsonville, OR is the WANKER’S CORNER restaurant.

To the true Wankers I recommend looking into the SHOP on the website -http://www.wankerscorner.com/. I know you will find the boxer shorts attractive.
Attachments
WANKERS RESTURANT.jpg
georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Re: WANKER ALERT FROM WILSONVILLE, OREGON

Post by georgebowland »

Tom,
Since you are now surrounded by Northwest Hillclimbs, do you plan to participate next year?
George
Tom Styczynski
Novice

Post by Tom Styczynski »

The Pacific North West has a very active car culture. For example, Ron Tomkin motors is planning to move their Ferrari/Maserati dealership from Portland to Wilsonville. This will be about a mile from my home. I am hoping they have a position for an old guy to sweep floors or pour coffee in the service waiting room.

There are several local clubs that promote hillclimb events that are within a 2 hour tow from my home. I recently joined the Society Of Vintage Racing ENthusiasts (SOVREN) who sponsor vintage races from British Columbia to California. They also host the annual, October hillclimb at Maryhill, WA overlooking the Columbia River. This is a vintage event and I hope to at least attend as a spectator this year.

I am car-less at the present but a vintage prepared 1964 MG Midget and a Lotus 7 Series 2 are on the list for further review when our new house is complete.

I found two interesting rules in the Oregon hillclimb rules. Summer forest fires are always a threat so all cars must have approved spark arrester. They also request that competitors wash the undercarriage of the race car, trailer and tow vehicle to remove any seedlings that are potentially harmful to the protected forest areas.
Tom Styczynski

#TBD Lotus 7A
The Oregon division of the Motorworks at Saint Judes

TO GET TO THE TOP YOU HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Isn't that the common name for the rotary-piston engine?

Derived from Peg Bundy's maiden name on "Married...With Children" ("Peggy Wanker...don't bother to thank her")
Last edited by Mel Horn on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Mel - good to see you post. Feeling better? Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Some new challenges:

New job (love it...it's comparable to driving for McLaren) and some health challenges...got a pacemaker this summer and am undergoing cancer treatment. AND...we're moving. See the announcement in the new thread. Sorry I missed a season but I swear it's the last one I miss. Last time I didn't attend a hillclimb was 1979-1980 because of the Navy...inexcusable.
Mel Horn
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Tom Styczynski wrote: I found two interesting rules in the Oregon hillclimb rules. Summer forest fires are always a threat so all cars must have approved spark arrester.
And for a very good reason...
We have forwarded that suggestion to Chuck Kohut, AKA "Sparky" (not Chuck Norris); whose Toyota Celica's exhaust ignited a haybale at, I think, Turn One at Weatherly.

The white Celica later sported Dalmatian-esque spots...and Chuck was later awarded a Celica-atop-a-burning-haybale trophy...
Mel Horn