Welcome to the Time Trials program!

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Welcome to the Time Trials program!

Post by Matt Green »

Finally, I can give the news I've been waiting to. Our whole program, and new rulebook, have been approved by the SCCA BoD. Believe it or not, we were actually kind of a hotbed of discussion at the Convention, as everyone wanted to know about the "new" Time Trials program.

I love talking about hillclimbs and being asked, "Oh, the SCCA still does those?" I was also asked by more than one region how difficult it was to put on a Hillclimb, since they thought it sounded really cool... That along with news of some more new SEDiv events, and I'd say our sport is alive and well! I now have had the chance to talk more with some of the Board and National Staff, and one main goal this year is to completely separate any percieved link between hillclimbing and Performance Rally. I left feeling like our Board has a much better understanding of what we do, and they seem to like it. I also found out that our events do have a very good reputation among those that actually know about us, so we have more support than we think in SCCA. There may be a few hillclimbs out west that join our ranks as well...

For those interested in track events, I think you'll be seeing more of those popping up around the Division as well as across the country. both New England region and DC region were interested in the program, and TriRegion already has a few dates at Pocono that will be Time Trials events (PDC events at this point, not something in our series).

I'm hoping to get on the agenda at the next PHA meeting to go over some specifics, but by then you should all have access to the new rules. There will be a delay of 7-10 days form now, as we had to change a few things in the rules that I screwed up on (only L1 and L2 events had changes, and they were oversights on my part, there were NO CHANGES to the rules I wrote for our events).

Start watching the SCCA site for the Time Trials section Grand Opening. The rules, the schedule, and other Time Trials info should be showing up soon! I'll post here when I know for sure what the date will be.

Thanks again to those in PHA who offered support and help in this process. I couldn't have written the rules without such a wonderful program to use as a model!
Last edited by Matt Green on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
Matt Green
Novice

Post by Matt Green »

The Time Trials stuff should go up on the SCCA National site early next week. It was supposed to be this week, but one of the staff (who was directly involved with getting the stuff on the website) had a death in the family.

Thanks for your patience.

Can I drive your car?
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

Matt,
I checked the new TT Rules at SCCA.com and I like what I'm seeing. Thanks to you and all the others for taking the time to set up this program. From what I'm reading, on other sites, it has generated alot of interest already.
Stan Vann
Matt Green
Novice

Post by Matt Green »

Well, thanks. I think you'll be seeing a few familiar names from our hillclimbs involved in the Administrative Council too. Look for that stuff soon...

Can I drive your car?