Polish Mountain Thanks

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Ray Colbert
Novice
Current Racecar: 2013 Subaru WRX

Polish Mountain Thanks

Post by Ray Colbert »

Thanks to everyone who helped make Polish Mountain a success again this year. Timing was excellent. Set up went well.
The Flaggers (corner workers) worked especially hard as there were so many incidents. Hatws off to all for a job well done.

The Fire department is very happy as is the NRA Group.

The hard work is appreciated a lot.

Ray Colbert :D
Steel Cities Region SCCA
Ray Colbert
57 Spyder
Plum PA
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Polish Mountain Thanks

Post by mrevilracing »

The running of the event was excellent. From start to finish. Corner workers, ambulance, fire company/food vendor, t-shirt sales, timing, local hospitality, and everything I missed. We had an awesome time.

I broke my last year's record but only by a hair. Changed the rear suspension a bit between Giants and Polish. Due to the front tires being a year old and 2 of us running, they didn't have the grip they should have. Being hard on the gas in a turn induced a serious push and within 2 runs, I had conceded that time improvement would only be small. But the best part was that the rear grip was 100% now. No more nonsense of that inside tire spinning and me watching the hour glass until the Mach regained traction. However, I am sure I gave the corner workers something to look at when I would head for the outside of a turn because the car wouldn't turn when pushed hard. So, with the traction issue resolved and new tires ordered, we are anticipating Duryea.

Thanks to all that made a great event....minus the crashes, of course. Special thanks to the Flintstone fire company for allowing us to fill our camp shower bags on Friday night and Saturday night. MUCH, MUCH appreciated!!!!

Oh, the dinner on Friday and Saturday night was great too. The food was very good and I ate more than my share of cake and icing. I'm an icing fiend. Just give me a can of it and a spoon and I'm good to go. Combine that with coffee and.....well, I WILL bounce off the walls. :lol:

For those so inclined, please read the wonderful write up by National Road Rally. http://www.nationalroadrally.com/pmhc_10.html
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!