Duryea Stuff

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Duryea Stuff

Post by Rich Rock »

First setup day is Saturday August 14. This is the day we put up a bunch of snow fence and do some clearing of the firetower road and general hill cleanup. Meet at the club garage behind CJ's Birdsboro store at 7:30am. If you can bring a pickup to carry some fencing and posts, please do. Head to the hill from there and begin work around 8:30am. Lunch will be provided to all helpers, and all helpers are invited to Bill Shields place in Yellow House for a party later in the day.

Final setup day is Friday August 20. This is the day we put down the wire, put up the rest of the fence, get the bleachers, sponsors and vendors, etc. in place. Same schedule as the first setup day. Please try to help if you can.

Saturday night hillclimb part is at Egelman's Park Pavilion, which is REALLY CLOSE to the hill! We'll be roasting a pig, cooking pasta, and barbecueing chicken. BMR will not be providing beer at this party on city property. We'll have a few door prizes, not nearly as many as last year unless you donate one. We'll have an auction to benefit Pagoda-Skyline, Inc. Please try to donate something we can auction off to help our friends..

New for this year:

Shuttle bus! Bus will make a continuous loop both days. Drivers will be Bonnie Weikel and Chuck Christ. Leaves from bottom of Hill Road at the light, travels up Hill Road to Angora Road and takes the back road up to the firetower with stops along the way. Comes back down the same route, so it shouldn't have any impact on the operation of the event. Free, but we will be asking riders to make a donation to benefit the Pagoda Flagpole Fund.

More vendors, at Turns 2, 7, and maybe finish line.

Bleachers, in memory of Lynne deHart and Joe Foering. Between 2 and 3 and between 7 and 8. (sponsored by Merlin Miller and Bill Shields)

Mayor will be at hill Saturday am, waving the green flag for a photo op. He has no interest in getting in a car for a ride up the hill. :shock:

Live radio! Y-102 will be there both days doing a remote broadcast. I think it will be for an hour or two each day, but it hasn't been finalized. Sponsored by Masano Auto Group.

There's more, but those are the biggies.

Please register early. Thanks!
NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Re: Duryea Stuff

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Rich,

I "may" be able to come lend a hand on the 14th. I have a small Ford Ranger that I'd be willing to use, just can't go to heavy all in one trip due to a spring perch issue but I'll carry anything and I'm not worried about scratching it.

We've been getting some overtime at work and I can't turn that down in my current situation, that will be the only deciding factor on if I can make it.

I will update when I know 100%
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Rich Rock wrote:More vendors, at Turns 2, 7, and maybe finish line.
If I get thirsty on the way up, can I stop at 7 for a quick drink and then finish my run?????
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Masano has backed out of their offer to sponsor the live radio broadcasts. We got the news last week. We're trying to find another sponsor, but no luck yet.

Rich Rock
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

And so close to the event!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Sadly, I won't be able to help out. Work has OT this weekend and possibly next and I can't turn it down.. Running out of time and funds to get the nursery done and it would hurt the wallet to not go to work..

Sorry Rich..
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

No problem, Adam. We had a great turnout. THANKS to everyone who did make it, including the Boy Scouts!

Next setup day is this Friday. Hope you all can make it!

Rich Rock
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Hopefully our clean up efforts are appreciated. Thanks to Cindy from the Pagoda for her assistance!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
miniacmike
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 19
Current Racecar: 2nd 84'Camaro,85'camaro,99 camaro
A family that crashes togather stays togather!

Post by miniacmike »

Hey everyone!

Been very busy trying to build another car for Duryea.So far I got the suspenion done, just got the rollcage bent & welded in, and got all the cutting and modifying of the dash (in order to fit the dash bar) and heater system (all still functional),and got the rest of the interior back in. Tomorrow night I'll be starting on the engine/trans swap(car is currently a very tired and weak 350 with a automatic).Hopefully I learn how to bend time so I can make it!

Thank you to everyone for their help and concern polish(I'll try not to repeat that for a while).

See you at Duryea!
2nd 84 camaro,85 camaro, 99 Camaro, 04 vette
Trees taste good
Occasional novice instructor
Mike Robinson
McDallion
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 43

Post by McDallion »

Well, the space-time continuum is not merely curved, but actually bent. So you should be in good shape.
Don
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Registrar Brook Green told me on Sunday evening that we had over 90 people preregistered. If you were planning to register at the hill on Friday, you should probably change your plan and get in touch with Brook ASAP. Email her at bgreen1526@yahoo.com

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Up around 100 entries now! In the past we have started a waiting list once we have gotten to 100. Looks like we "might" have to do that this year.

Rich Rock
neonracer193
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 193
Current Racecar: 95 Neon ACR

Post by neonracer193 »

Damnit, im such a slacker. I completley forgot people still mail in the entry as opposed to registering online. I checked online Saturday afternoon and there was less than 40 pre-registered. I sent in my forms today, and sent Brook some emails, hopefully i am entree 100.
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Didn't know where to post this, but if anyone needs help developing/setting up a car this weekend, I am available to co-drive. Faster the better! :lol:
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Hey, a little press is better than no press.

Congratulations Jeremy.

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=243309
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

dspgti wrote:Hey, a little press is better than no press.
A "little press"???!!!!??? You haven't seen the paper itself! The website doesn't have everything the print edition does, but it does have this: http://www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=243296

The print edition also has several pictures and results.

Rich Rock
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Here's a quote worth saving and repeating.

"Any time I cross the finish line, it's a good day," Nancy Lewis, 2010 Duryea Hillclimb
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Rich -you mentioned the Reading Eagle printed results. Are they posted anywhere online?
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Sue Salsburg wrote:Rich -you mentioned the Reading Eagle printed results. Are they posted anywhere online?
Yes. Go to the main page www.readingeagle.com and you will see that you can click on "results"

Also, some photos on this site www.leisterimages.com/motorsports/2010-Duryea-Hillclimb
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Opps, I thought this was the drifting weekend. No, that was in the dry on Saturday.