Banquet

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Banquet

Post by mrevilracing »

Hahahahahahahaha! What a hoot and what fun it was. Well, there were some 'moments' that could be erased....that'll come to light sooner or later. Probably sooner than later and those moments to be erased really only apply to 7 or 8 of us. Did we do that??? Don't answer!

Anyway, the room was awesome, the presentations were great, Dan, your history presentation was really cool! Can't wait to see all those pictures somewhere on this site - I hope. Morg, you are one hell of a poem writer and reader! Anyone who didn't see/hear Morg and the '09 season poem, you really missed a treat - and I'm serious with that statement. It should be posted on the site for all to read. The food was great. The drink was perfect. And the company could only have been better if all the PHA drivers had come. I think the 50th celebration was a success and want to thank all who particpated in the organizing, set up and running of the event. It was wonderful for Nancy and I to be part of it all.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Phaedra
Novice

Re: Banquet

Post by Phaedra »

Yes! I second everything written above! Kudos to everyone who helped organize this fantastic banquet! The history presentation was incredibly interesting - it was amazing to see where we've come from. Morg definitely needs to post his poem on here somewhere, too. Congrats to all the winners of all the trophies - it was nice to see how many made the trip. Great seeing everyone again! Amazing banquet all around! It will definitely be one that will be spoken of for many years to come! :lol: Now to start organizing my pictures.... :wink:
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

Here's a few of the highlights of the banquet that could be of huge importance for our archivists. Starting with Lloyd Geib's attendance to present The Lloyd Geib Award" to Rich Rock.
JJP_0159a.jpg
Dave Yeager, Lloyd Geib and Rich Rock.
JJP_0160a.jpg
Hall of Fame Recipients welcome newest members, John Stinsmen (front ctr),Alvey Ford (mid center)
JJP_0165a.jpg
Last edited by PitCrewLinda on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Re: Banquet Photos

Post by PitCrewLinda »

Honoring the workers who worked four hills or more: (LtoR front row) Bonnie DeTurck, Nelson Kase,Larry Long, Jen DeHart Rowe, Gantz Folomer, Mary Ginther, John Ginther,Jeffrey Chintalla, Jim Crocker, Kurt Eikenberg. (Back Row L to R) John Pitman, Rick Kase, Norma Oswald, Phaedra Long, Matt Rowe, Melissa Miller, Carol Lipperini, Joe Chintalla, Keith Weikel
JJP_0169a.jpg
Maryanne Fieux and Chuck Christ (where were you for this photo? you should be here too)
Last edited by PitCrewLinda on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

Team Oz
JJP_0161a.jpg
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Absolutely the most fun I've had at a PHA banquet in years! As other's have said, the history presentation by Dan was fantastic and so interesting, Morg's poem was awesome and the reading was that as done by an great orator, the food was good, and then there were the "ladies"!!! What a hoot!!! :lol:

On the work side of making one of these banquets turn out great, thank you to all that worked hard to make it happen. It took alot of work from registration and all the paperwork organization, hawking for contributions for the door prizes (I love the door!), the beautiful table decorations, the crocheted hot pads, script for the ladies, and the yummy handmade PHA 50th Anniversary cookies! I hope I didn't forget something, "Team Banquet" did an awesome job!!

Lloyd Geib and Rich Rock touched my heart. When it is all said and done, we ARE all part of the PHA family. I hope 2010 is another great year for the PHA!
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Re: Miss PHA 2009

Post by PitCrewLinda »

And the Brave, the Mighty, the loveliest of the lovelies, the Miss PHA Beauties as a group...
JJP_0177a.jpg
And individually...Miss Spring Jefferson
JJP_0184a.jpg
Miss Spring Weatherly and Miss Pagoda
JJP_0189a.jpg
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

Miss Giant's Despair
JJP_0182a.jpg
Miss Rose Valley
JJP_0181a.jpg
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

Miss Polish Mountain was unable to attend tonights festivities so No Photo Available

Here's Miss Duryea with Miss Fall Weatherly showing off her legs
JJP_0198a.jpg
Miss Fall Jefferson
JJP_0179a.jpg
and Miss Fall Weatherly
JJP_0178a.jpg
Last edited by PitCrewLinda on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

PitCrewLinda
Novice

Re: Banquet photos

Post by PitCrewLinda »

MISS ROSE VALLEY "GETS AROUND" BUT REALLY YOU TWO SHOULD LEARN TO SIT PROPERLY~ YIKES...TALK ABOUT THE GREAT DIVIDE!
JJP_0188a.jpg
And gets around again....
JJP_0187a.jpg
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

There was a tie between Miss Duryea and Miss Fall Weatherly. Miss Fall Weatherly graciously bowed out when Miss Duryea pulled out all the stops and with an ice cold glass of water, demonstrated her version of the Hillclimb Wet "T" shirt contest.
Note the water running down her Double D hills
JJP_0192a.jpg
The King crowns his Queen Miss PHA 2009..
JJP_0194a.jpg
...But, what else is going on here?
JJP_0196a.jpg
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

As Miss PHA 2009 straightens her crown, the King laughs it up. Miss Fall Jefferson whose strap is falling off, looks on.
JJP_0195a.jpg
"I salute you Miss P.H.A."....
JJP_0191a.jpg
The Queen and her Court...
JJP_0208a.jpg
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

Look closely....peek-a-boob!! :oops:
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Thanks to everyone who made the banquet a great event. I really had a blast and really enjoyed the entertainment. It was alittle strange at the end but very humurous!

As for the pic, I just wanted to get closer to that well sculpted, six pack abs that my princess had. Lol
actually at the bar after the event. Would have been a fun place to put on our pagent. We might have made for more room in the bar after all the young folks would have run screaming. I
give all you guys that had the courage to dress up, a huge round of applause.

Congrats to all the award winners! It was a great season and I hope it just gets better in 2010
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
neonracer193
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 193
Current Racecar: 95 Neon ACR

Post by neonracer193 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, that is so funny, looks like a missed a good one.
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Thank you to everyone who told me that you appreciated the Lloyd Geib Award presentation. I feel as though I missed a great opportunity. I was not told until Saturday afternoon that Lloyd would actually be there and I was not prepared. My intention was to avoid a eulogy so that no one thought that Lloyd was no longer with us so it was low key. What an opportunity it would have been to show historical pictures and present a better background on Lloyd to inform all of our recent members. I didn't learn that he wanted to make a few comments until he arrived. I was unprepared.

Two things I forgot to point out was that Lloyd was honored at his 40th year in Hillclimbing with a presentation of the original painting of the poster used in 2002 featuring him in his car. Half of the cost of the artists commission was donated by PHA drivers.

I also forgot to publically present Rich Rock with the $100 gift certificate to KAM Specialties of Reading, PA, donated by EL&M Auto Recycling.

Now, if I could only get these recurring nightmares of bearded woman out of my head, I'll be alright till the next banquet.

Dave Y
sgmotorsports
Novice

Post by sgmotorsports »

A special thank you to all who attended the 50th anniversary banquet and especially to the banquet committee for all of their hard work to make this memorable event happen.

Congratulations to the 2009 Champions and to those courageous "beauties" who really put on a great show. Morg, your poem was wonderful. We must post a copy.

It was great to see Lloyd and have him assist Dave in the trophy presentation. We were hoping that would happen, but were really unsure until the very last minute that he would actually attend. The presentation was wonderful and so are the pictures. Job well done!

Welcome John and Alvey to the PHA Hall of Fame. Well deserved honor. Congratulations to both of you.

AND, welcome to the newest "Flipperini" family member - Don McLaughlin.

We hope everyone enjoyed the event as much as we did!

Carol & Dan
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

jerdeitzel wrote: It was alittle strange at the end...
I think it was a little strange at the start :P

I had no idea Lloyd was going to be there until I saw him walk in. It was great to see him, and an honor to stand up there with him.

Rich Rock
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Well, just showed the pictures to the family. Shock and surprise are such an understatement! LOL! My buddy needs therapy now that he's seen me in that outfit. Hahaha!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

I think we all need therapy after that bit! :?