Turn 2 @ Duryea

Post by mrevilracing »

RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
jerdeitzel
Novice

Re: Turn 2 @ Duryea

Post by jerdeitzel »

Thanks for the clips Steve! Not sure what the bouncing is about but it might be the new rear diff. Any ideas from anyone?
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

I can surmise but it would take a long explaination. Maybe ask on the EVO forums and state tire and coil over type as well as car weight. Someone should be able to answer that. Or even corner carvers.

I wish I had gotten more. I really, really wanted to vid at the finish line. But I wasn't about to give up a run for that, sorry. We'll see what happens next year. Maybe I skip a run or change run groups.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
wrxtypr
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 555
Current Racecar: 96 Impreza 2dr turbo

Post by wrxtypr »

Jeremy,

Did you feel the rear of the car jerking around as it bounced?
PHA car #555
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

No experience with EVO's or WRX's, but it looks like diff lock up (center and the rear dif). This has been what happens to 4wd trucks when you lock the center diff and run a locker in the rear and try to turn with power. It binds up then lets loose causing the truck to bounce around.
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Matt, the car is definatly rotating when it happens

RX- midget, you I think hit the nail on the head! I am running a 1.5 way locking rear diff this year to get the car to rotate under power. It has really changed the feel of the car to be able to induce oversteer with throttle. It has been learning curve that's for sure. I've spun more this year auto- x and hillclimbing then I have in the past few years all together. It's faster for sure but it's much tougher to ride the bull without being bucked off. Lol

now I'm sure you RWD folks will just laugh and say, see what we have to deal with. But in all honesty, I probably only driving a RWD car a few times in my life. I've only had trucks, fwd and awd cars. I bet I would suck at driving a RWD car!
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
s4racing
Novice

Post by s4racing »

Just for the record I have welded center and rear diffs in my car and it is fairly smooth. Any bouncing in my car comes from the to stiff suspension. Maybe that limits the bounce, produced by the welded diff to an extext. I'm not offering a solution just adding some input.

By the way my motor should be running next week if all goes well !