Duryea Hillclimb Setup Day

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Duryea Hillclimb Setup Day

Post by Rich Rock »

First setup day is Saturday August 15..Meet at club garage at 7:45am or at hill (turn 2) 8:30am. If you have a pickup truck, please bring it. We really will need it. Mostly, we'll be putting up snowfence, etc. Please come help, we can use you!
Everyone who comes out and helps is invited to a party at Bill Shields' farm in Yellow House Saturday afternoon/evening!

Thanks!

Rich Rock
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Duryea Hillclimb Setup Day

Post by mrevilracing »

I'm not comin if it isn't raining...............
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

I'll bring the "raincoats" :D

The second setup day is Friday August 21. Same schedule. This is the day we put down the wire, all 2+ miles of it (maybe for the last time?) and do most of the rest of the work. Please try to make it out to help. We really do need help :wink:

Rich Rock
Jim Leininger
Novice
Current Racecar: A transmission

Post by Jim Leininger »

bump......, see you all at the hill this Saturday!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

If you haven't talked to me and told me you will bring a pickup, it looks like we have enough now. If you told me you would bring one, we're counting on you!

See ya there!

Rich Rock
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped! Friday, Aug 21 is the final setup day and if you can make it we can certainly use the help. This is a huge job, and it goes much better with plenty of help. We will meet a club garage about 7:15-7:30 and at the hill (Turn 2) by 8:30.

Thanks!

Rich Rock
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Sorry we didn't make it, Rich. We forgot our annual crab run with the Mach 1 crowd was yesterday. We caravan down to North East, MD to Woody's Crab House and pig out on crabs.... OMG did I eat! Hoping to lose enough weight this week to fit into my suit!!!!! Hopefully all went well.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Oh man, you had to tell me THAT? Can I go with you next time ?:D I'm serious. I love Maryland crabhouses.

Anyhow, hope you can make it Friday.

Rich
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Sure you can go. We'll see what happens next year and how it may or may not conflict with Duryea. Hopefully not. They actually were up in the air with 2 dates and I said I couldn't do the week before due to Polish Mtn. Luckily, most said this weekend was ok so it didn't affect Duryea. It's a lot of fun and Woody's is very accommodating. We took up almost an entire room. As a matter of fact, they gave us an entire room. We had 35 people.
North East MD is a cute little town with a bunch of little shops and stuff. Turkey Point Lighthouse is like 15miles away and is across the river from Aberdeen proving grounds. You can hear them and feel them. Nancy and I went last year and at one point there was quite a 'disturbance' in the air as some sort of ordinance was exploded somewhere across the river. It was very cool!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!