WEATHERLY REPAVING

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

John
Novice

WEATHERLY REPAVING

Post by John »

HEY EVERYONE
I just got notice from the Company I work for ( Slusser Brothers ) that we won the Bid to REPAVE the Weatherly Hill. :D
The only thing is it won't be done for the Spring Event. :( :x ( unless there's a miracle )
But on the Bright side the Fall Event should be AWESOME :D
I'll try to keep up to date on when it will be done.
See you all @ the Hill
Working a Corner Near You
Mr2
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 911
Current Racecar: YELLOW-1991 TURBO MR2
and
WHITE-1993 TURBO MR2

Re: WEATHERLY REPAVING

Post by Mr2 »

Best news of the day! Should be on CNN.
Fabio D'Hillho Vlacci
#911 MR2 TURBO
http://www.HILLHO.com
http://www.eFABIO.com
Speednation
Racer
Current Racecar: 4 Hondas and 1 Neon

Post by Speednation »

Hopefully we will have a record turnout for the Fall, but I am encouraging all of my Pittsburgh gang to go to Spring. Sure the road will be rough, but I don't know about you - I need practice. And since you will probably won't be able to go as fast in the Spring than later in the Fall, that could make for even more fun. Instead of concentrating on breaking hill records this June, we can concentrate on breaking fun records. Hope to see you all there
georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Post by georgebowland »

Ditto on Mike's comments. Lets all support Spring Weatherly as well as we did Jefferson. Great community there and a very challenging hill. I don't remember anyone in the last few events that broke or crashed due to the pavement. Turn one and the jump caused some problems, but that won't change with new pavement.
George
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

Novices: Pay attention at Weatherly. Turn 1, the jump, and the final high speed turn to the finish are all tricky. With new paving in the Fall there may be more speed to #1 and the temptation to go flat out there will be strong. We will all, even under powered Vees, will generate more speed to the jump....pay attention to a perfect line in that turn, or else. And, the finish turn will be very fast. Take great care.
Weatherly is FUN, the whole town loves the event, so if at all possible, make both events. Good food, good people, and a unique course.
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

Fall Weatherly could be a very HISTORIC event!
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
timurf
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 109
Current Racecar: 1968 Datsun Roadster

Post by timurf »

But I am going to miss the tar pits! They gave the tires a fresh coat of asphalt after every run.
Tim Murphy
68 Roadster
69 Roadster
other Datsuns too
John
Novice

Post by John »

Work on the Weatherly Hill is set to begin this week, It will start with base repair in the bad areas then the Repaving will take place .
I will try to keep everyone posted on the progress. I know a lot of people want to see the Wall Paved.
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Not only are we interested, we also want to see pictures of how they pave the wall!
~Matt Rowe
John
Novice

Post by John »

There Paving the Hill
I won't be able to be there
Spread the word
bummed we missed Giant's

Thanks
See ya soon
John & Mary
acorazza
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 8
Current Racecar: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Post by acorazza »

I drove up the hill Thursday night, the paving is all done. Wow is it nice. There will be a lot of records broken in September.
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

It was a beautiful Sunday, Chuck was working on the Formula Ford Elden, Alfa, and race trailer maintenance. The evil mind of the female was working overtime. 8) Hence, the call to Chuck, "Get into the Blue SAAB, we are going for a Sunday drive". Being the good male he is :wink:, he buttoned up his work and eventually got into the blue 1967 SAAB model 96 street car. Destination unknown to Chuck. :shock:

As Momma's Blue SAAB (it likes me better!) drove north on 309, it arrived at Weatherly and tore (kindof) up the freshly paved surface! The new turnaround was a pleasure, except for the dropoff on the passenger side of the road (heading back to turnaround). We were told, this is to be addressed as it may be concern low clearance cars.

At the bottom of the hill, I said if you are going to scare the "__ __it" out of me, I'll stay here. (I'm a BAD passenger) He pointed me to the picnic tables and Chuck went for his Banzai run! I hear the tires squeeling and the familiar "ring-a-ding-ding" of the rally exhaust up the hill. At the conclusion of coasting down the hill Chuck greeted me with "we have no brakes". No problem, my next secret stop was to cruise by and see Joe Cybert.

After the brakes cooled we stopped by Joe's house and as fate would have it, he was not at home. Left him a note and as soon as it was placed on the door, Joe arrived in his big rig. After chatting about pavement changes, Joe was forced to take a 2 stroke ride with Chuck at the wheel up the newly paved surface. Upon their arrival back to Joe's house, Joe had learned about 2 strokes, free-wheeling, and the power the tiny motor can make. Also how fast it appears you are going up the hill....he told Chuck, "we're going fast", looked at the speedo and saw 45 MPH. :( That IS exactly how it is in the orange SAAB!

We would like to thank Joe and any others involved for their guidance in the resurfacing of the hill.

Mary Anne (& Chuck)
1960 SAAB 93F
#1251 & #251
"ring-a-ding-ding" :)

DISCLAIMER: This message is posted ONLY as an informative note and is not intended to promote the driving of the hill by other drivers conducting reconnaissance missions. 8)
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Does PHA or SCCA still have the disqualification rule about getting a ticket driving the course before the event still stand? I don't want to make a big deal about it, just making conversation. Besides, how would anyone find out? :oops:

Dave Y
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

dspgti wrote:Does PHA or SCCA still have the disqualification rule about getting a ticket driving the course before the event still stand?
Dave Y

Dave, Dave, Dave...

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm still under "double-secret probation" for Camp Shand in 1973!

(Smith was a bad influence...)
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
FV195
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 195
Current Racecar: 1996 Vector GB2 formula vee, red @195
1992 Brazos formula vee, yellow, #70

Post by FV195 »

Mary ann broke Mels first rule! she talked about something that happened in Weatherly!
Dave this is a guess. I sure the rule still is in place. but probably only for hill climb weekends.
if any of the Oz's got a ticket on their way home, top of one of our roads does that mean they can't run any of the reading events?
I think it is there for people with street cars bombing up the hill fri night.
My thoughts on it.
the vee class will be fun to watch at fall weatherly. dad and Matt trying to get Hughie's record while he defends it. wish I could be there.
THOR
fv#70
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Boys, boys, boys, you must not lose the spirit of "carpe diem" and become old men too fast! Additionally, Mel's rule was not broken. Information is often needed to be shared to assist the masses with their future endeavors, whether racing is involved or not. Lastly, one must remember when conducting covert operations to utilize the most stealth equipment possible, and this rule was most certainly followed by utilization of a blue 2 stroke 1967 SAAB Model 96. :lol:

So, you see, all is well and now you can sleep tonight and have dreams of sugarplum fairies dancing around ....... 8)

Mary Anne
1960 SAAB 93F
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
Mel Horn
Novice

Post by Mel Horn »

Mary Anne Fieux wrote:Boys, boys, boys, you must not lose the spirit of "carpe diem" and become old men too fast!
Carpe diem...isn't that "one fish per day"?
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Post by georgebowland »

Mel,
Technically it means to pluck off the day. I certainly have had some of those days, especially since I retired. But usually I find something to do.
George
wolf44
Novice
Current Racecar: zietler

Post by wolf44 »

i thought it meant seize the day. that the knights used to say to cheer on the troops. :lol:
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Fast....Saab 96.... that's an oxymoron, right? :lol:

And NO, the speeding ticket applied to some time frame before the event. Can't remember how long.

Dave Y