Exhibition class??

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Exhibition class??

Post by Ron Mann »

Is this still a viable "class" or means of running? If so, what criteria does the car/driver have to meet?
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
Mel Horn
Novice

And, no, I never ran "exhibitionist"...

Post by Mel Horn »

Ron:
This was discussed back on the "Undeclared" thread;
(Dave Yeager posted this awhile back)
["]Sometimes you just have to live by the rules. "Exhibition" was a stretch of the rules of SOLO I. It was not really following the guide lines and went away with the Time Trial rules. We got away with it for years but we were lucky there were no incidences.

There are no allowances for it today. It might be nice to include it in the future but I'm not sure that would work. Maybe some alternative like, take a ride with a "certified driver/instructor". The problem with that idea is, everyone that has gone out as a passanger has the heck scared out of them. I don't even want to think about riding as a passanger with Steve L, Mark, Adam or Jeremy. Not that they go so fast but it is the over braking, missing the apex and trying to make up for it in the straights that scare me. I've seen the videos, remember. ["]

I'm gathering that this is a "no"...
"What happens in Weatherly, STAYS in Weatherly!"-Chuck Norris
Mel Horn
Phaedra
Novice

Re: Exhibition class??

Post by Phaedra »

See... this is the first time I logged into the forums in about 2 months and this is the first post I read... how, I ask, how could I possibly stay away for so long? :wink:
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Exhibition class??

Post by dspgti »

Let me EXPLAIN!
You know, I was trying to make a joke. These guy's are our new "Young Guns". Don't think that I don't have respect for their driving ability. I'm just poking fun to try to keep them humble. Otherwise, they they get these big heads :lol:

The subject came up again this weekend. I really think we should have an "Undeclaired class" so that new comers can get a taste without deciding a class to run in untill they understand all the rules and regulations.

HEY, WHY NOT????

Dave Y