Kill Switches for Solo Classes?

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Kill Switches for Solo Classes?

Post by dspgti »

I count 8 times, the question is, "where is the kill switch?"...I hear, "there is gas leaking" NOW TELL ME WHY? IT'S not required for SOLO classes???? :shock:

Okay Fabio, give us your slant! DO YOU FEEL LUCKY???

Dave Y
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Re: It's Not All Fun & Games...Hill Climb Realities

Post by Joe Foering »

Dave, the reason is, as you know, because SOLO Rules don't require them since, ordinarily, their events don't have the potential for "incidents" that TIME TRIALS does... We could make them mandatory for SOLO cars competing in TIME TRIALS events and spell it out in the Supplements or follow the proceedure to have the requirement made part of the TIME TRIALS Rules. If I follow your line of reasoning, all cars should have Kill Switches. Let's see how that flies...
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Yes Joe, You followed my line of reasoning. But let's not bust Ron's thread. We'll bring that up again some time. :twisted:

Just remember the name on this thread, .......Realities

Dave Y
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

I didn't bust the thread, I foolishly took the bait and responded to another one of your "segways"... my bad.
dspgti
Novice

Re: Kill Switches for Solo Classes?

Post by dspgti »

I'm not going to beat this "Kill Switch" thing to death as I usually do :shock: I just want to point out that our very effective and trained corner workers know what they are doing. They instinctively respond to an incident and react to the dangers at hand. Keep in mind that it is not only for your saftey but their's as well.

The "Reality" is, there are two kinds of Hillclimbers: Those that have crashed and those that are going to crash. ARE YOU PREPARED?

Dave Y
John
Novice

Re: Kill Switches for Solo Classes?

Post by John »

Very Well Said Dave
Working a Corner Near You