Learn about the history of PHA

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

ktaggart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 66
Current Racecar: Tigger II Formula Super Vee

Info Seeker

Post by ktaggart »

The following was sent out to the SCCA guys. Hey Ron, I remember you having a lot of info on the Elva-Porsche's in one of your amazing history. I know Denny Frick had one of the most amazing examples in his shop years ago. There was also one at the Porsche Parade a couple of years back but it was not as nice as Denny's. Maybe some of the old timers and younger historians can impart some of your hard earned knowledge on this guy. But you need to find out why he's asking, just in case he has one!

Hello - I'm trying to identify and locate someone who might have been a member of your region in the middle1960s. I'm told that he was the mayor of a small town in PA and raced an Elva Porsche. He would have had the car sometime between 1964 and 1967, when he sold it to "Ike" Eichelberger, who built the strange "Keil" wedge-bodied Elva. Would you please pass the word around your old-timers and see if anyone remembers the car?

Many thanks!

Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Re: Info Seeker

Post by Ron Mann »

It's funny...I got another email/case seeking info on another Elva-Porsche just today. Looks like I'll be doing a little work here!!
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799