Anyone near W. Collingswood Heights, NJ?

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mark Aubele
Novice

Anyone near W. Collingswood Heights, NJ?

Post by Mark Aubele »

Long story short. Finally sold enough parts to start build on new hillclimb car, Pulled up carpet because P.O. was a tobacco chewer with terrible aim for his spittoon, and dicovered rust one would find on a 77 Toyota. So I am in the process of finding a new chassis. Purused autotrader.com and found a 88 Mustang 4 cyl. auto for $900 at a small car dealer. Call to find out "car is very clean, no rust". Needless to say I am not one to believe car salesmen, so I was wondering if anyone was near this town that would like to take a look at the car. Namely, trunk floor, floorpan, structural areas for rust. That's it. I don't care if it runs, it's ugly, what the interior looks like, dents, scratches, nothing. Rust is my ONLY concern. Of course I will pay you for your fuel and time with beer, cash, whatever. I'm trying to get an idea so I can put a deposit on the car and go get it this weekend.
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Anyone near W. Collingswood Heights, NJ?

Post by dspgti »

Just went past today. Might be near tommorow but should be no later than Wednesday. I would be more than happy to check it out for you.

By the way, this is New Jersey. You know, between the Delaware River and the Atlantic Ocean. Hope it spent most of it's life somewhere esle.

Call me 609-517-3129.

Dave Y
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Thank you very much Dave. Steve Lewis said he is working near there tomorrow, so I got someone. I'm still going to give you a call though, want a 97 mustang for parts? Everything good shape except the floor....
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Hey Mark, if the deal falls through check out the forum/classifieds at http://www.pennmustangs.com . There is usually a few chassis on there for sale.

ps: I just checked the site and there is currently a '88GT rollerthat looks pretty good for $800. Here is the direct link: http://www.pennmustangs.com/forums/show ... php?t=8426
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Thank you to all who replied. Steve L. was nice enough to go take a look at it today for me. It looks like I will be driving to Jersey on Sat to pick up the new hillclimb car!
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Guy ended up selling the car out from under me. What a guy. I will be inquiring about the 88GT. I will let you guys know.
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX