Annual Tech get together?

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Annual Tech get together?

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Joe,

Are there any plans to do a "pre" season annual tech? I know last year Jenna and I had fun meeting up with everyone, and just curious as to if you or anyone was planning on it for this year? I'd help you tech again, as this year I'm looking to do it more often to have it "official" through the SCCA that I may do it...
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Annual Tech get together?

Post by dspgti »

I had an idea that I wanted to run past Joe Foering first, but since you brought it up, maybe I'll bring it up now.

As you may have heard, there is a PDX and Level II Time Trial being held March 21 and 22at New Jesey Motors Sports Park. I asked Mike Murphy if he may need some assistance to tech the cars for the Time Trial which is going to run on Sunday. He thought it was a great idea. Mike will also be providing Annual Road Racing Techs during the weeekend.

So my idea was to ask Joe if there was any logic to setting up at the park and offering annual techs to PHA members and provide TT inspectors as well. It wouldn't be just for racers that weekend. Anyone could take a drive down with their race car and get a good look around. Should be pretty low key. They might need corner workers as well. The TT run times will be spaced in between Driver school sessions, like about an hour at a time.

We will have to see how Joe feels about it when he gets back from vacation.

Dave Y
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

Dave - GREAT idea. Sadly, I will on vacation over that weekend, too far away to make it, or I surely would, both to get an annual road racing tech AND HELP OUT for the event.
John FV95
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

I got back from vac. last evening. Sounds like a viable idea to me. I need to know more about the logistics of the event and sites at the event for a possible tech seminar and actual teching. I also need to know who is going to be part of the tech team this year; I had hoped to bring this up on this site prior to the next PHA mtg. and talk about it at the mtg, but if I get a reasonable response, no reason why we can't help out at this event. However, I don't know who will be willing or able to come to the Jersey track... In the past, the tech seminar was after the PHA mtg and I still feel this is the appropriate time and place for it. That doesn't mean experienced tech team members can't help out with tech at the Jersey event. Barring the unforeseen, I will be there. Dave, you seem to know what's happening at the event, how about you or Mike Murphy giving me a call at 610-944-9515 and fill me in. Joe F., Chief of Tech
NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Joe, I for one would like to be more involved with Tech this year. At most courses I'm hoping to attend I won't be doing the "first timer" routine and be (totally) clueless as to what to do etc etc...

One suggestion/request I have for that is...

Can we bypass the line at registration if were attempting to help tech or whatever to get the day going? Most of the time last year, I was trying to help but seemed to get passed up for the people who were known by those doing the registering more then once and didn't get to help you, until there was a car or two left to do... :cry:
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

Adam, I have asked the event registrars in the past and usually been successful -with some exceptions- in having those tech. insp. who were competing registered first. I would like to try that again this year, but it requires the guys to be there before reg. opens.